Chapter 8 (Part 2)

I hear his deep voice chuckle as I watch him take a step forward and a step back. He readies his hands in a way you'd hold a sword. I glare and watch a diamond sword appear in his hands. He launches himself at me and I jump out of the way, he slashes at me and I continue to jump out of the way. I shift my foot, accidentally making it hard to jump to one side. I move just enough for the player to slash my arm open. I yell in pain and hold it, jumping back, but I only end up falling backwards. I roll just as the sword collided with the ground beside me. The player raises his sword again and I roll to the other side as the sword collides with the ground.

I kick him as hard as I could in the gut, making him stumble backwards. I get up as fast as I could and the player runs at me, attempting to drive his sword into me. I move to the side and kick his sword. I had thought my kick would have knocked the sword to the ground. Unfortunately not.

He keeps a firm grip with one of his hands and punches me with the other. I stumble back, and he swings at my chest with the sword. I jump back again. I realize that, without a weapon, and no sense of fighting skill, I should run. The thought of calling someone had slipped my mind, but I know he'd either disappear, or kill me while I called for help.

I glare at him and dash away. I hear him close behind me. I try to pick up the pace, but this is as fast as I can go. I turn a sharp corner into a one block wide alley way. I hear him still chasing me, determined to kill me.

Once I get out of the alleyway, I turn another sharp corner and see the fence to the barn is approaching. I glance behind me to see that the player has disappeared. I don't stop running though. I look back at the fence and hurdle it. Making it into the sugar cane part of it.

I stay still and keep my breathing quiet. I hear some sugar canes ruffle and I bolt out of the farm, my pursuer on my tail. I glance back and he's only a block away. I look back and see some chests in the way of my clean escape. I jump up but just as I land on the chest, I feel a sharp, burning pain in my leg. I yell in pain and fall down.

"Honestly kid. Learn how to play." Says a snobby voice behind me. I roll onto my back and stare up at the player. In movies or books, someone would save the person who is about to be stabbed. I really hope Steve comes... Hell, I hope someone comes.

I glare at the player and kick his gut, he holds his stomach and stumbles back. I try to get to my feet but I feel the sharp blade of his diamond sword drive through my chest. I yell and the agonizing pain from my pierced chest courses through my body. My vision grows blurry as I fall to my knees. I cough, blood splattering the cold ground. The player rips out his sword and I black out, hitting the hard, stone floor.