Chapter 1 (Part 2)

As Connor and I walk through the forest, I begin to get... nervous on the subject of Mags... or "Righteous". I glance at Connor, then back to the ground. I notice feet appearing in front of me as I walk. I look farther down to see actual legs and a chest. Well, the jokes of the "No visible body when you look down" will cease to continue... That is... If none of us leaves this place. "Soo..." I begin, attempting to start a conversation. "About Ma- I mean Righteous... When I told you her character worships Herobrine, you said that it's a problem... Why?" I ask, curiosity overflowing. Connor stops and drops the chicken. "I think we should make a base here. It's in the middle of nowhere, so we're safe." He completely avoids my question.

"Connor. Did you just ignore me?" I ask, anger rising. Connor turns towards me and slumps. "She's gone. Stop talking about her." Connor's voice was dull. Gone? Does he mean like gone for good? Connor turns. "And by gone, I mean, she has no memory of us. Her character's a demon that worships Herobrine. And what does Herobrine do? Kill people. A servant to Herobrine will kill as well. So if you see her, I'd suggest running." He states dryly, answering my unspoken question. I say nothing more and go collect wood.

I come back to a mess of items, tools, wood and stone litter the ground. A large crater lays just off to the left. As I look in the crater, I see small blocks of dirt and hovering above the ground. In the center lay Conner's crippled body. Blood covered his skin and shirt. I curse under my breath with shock and horror. "Connor!" I quickly leap into the crater. Accidentally landing on my knees instead of my feet, instantly face planting. I wince and crawl to my friend's side. As I scan his body, I notice that one of his blocky hands were missing. His body was covered in blood.

Connor began to move slowly, one eye opening. And as his other eye opens, I notice that the pupil, or the colourful part, is a very pale colour. I back away slightly. "Oh god..." I mutter. He closes his eyes, as if in pain and lets out a horrific moan. As the moan grows quieter, a small light slowly rises from his chest. The small light suddenly increases in size and brightness. I put an arm in front of my eyes, keeping myself propped up with the other.

As the light grows dimmer, I put my arm down. His shirt slowly becomes visible and to my horrific surprise, it wasn't smeared with blood. I look at his arm, only to see that the fading light had regenerated his entire hand! I mutter a curse. Connor's eyes flew open as he bolted up. Panting, he slowly turned to me. He stopped panting, then smiled. "I hate creepers." He said finally. And I found myself smiling as well.

"Yeah. Me too."