Chapter 2 (Part 1)

I am suddenly awoken by the crackle of fire. I bolt up and notice Connor by the furnace, desperately trying to extinguish the fire. His blocky foot stomping on the flames, spreading sparks everywhere and igniting more of the floor! I start to panic. "God! What the hell did you do?!" I yell at Connor. Connor turns his head towards me and yells an insult. "Don't you start yelling at me! Help me put this stupid fire out before we both get scorched!" He yells, loud enough that the crackling of fire was muted for a moment.

Instinctively, I dash towards the fire and start stomping on it. The flames burned badly, especially through my pixilated shoes. The code can figure out what your character is... But it can't figure out clothes?! I think angrily. After moments of stomping, the flames have turned into smoke and disappeared. Although the floor was a mess, the wool was safe and sound. Yay.

"Mind explaining to me what happened?" I growl, narrowing my eyes. "Well, I forgot that when you put things in the furnace and ignite it, it will instantly catch the wood in front of it on fire." He replies calmly. I facepalm so hard. As I remove my hand from my face, I see Connor pulling out... a bowl? He pulls out another. He hands one to me. Ouch... Hot. As I look in the bowl, I notice mushed up food in there... "Is this apples?" I ask, taking the bowl. "Well... Yeah." He replies, shrugging.

I look at the bowl of mushed apples. Bleh... My stomach begins to growl. I close my eyes and tip back my head, sliding the mush slowly into my mouth. I gulp down the apples. It was warm, but it tasted like warm apple sauce. I finish my breakfast, although the tangy taste of apples still hung around im my mouth. I pass the bowl to Connor. He set them on the crafting table. "I'm going to go collect more wood, okay?" Connor informed before leaving the shack. After a few moments, I hear my name being called. I quickly leave the shack to see Connor, standing still... Looking at something.

As I quietly head toward him, I notice he is looking at the ground. I follow his gaze to see a wooden sign. I notice that the text was written in some sort of red text. It wasn't blood, I'll tell you that. But some sort of juice..?

"Your End Is Near. He is Coming." Was neatly written on the sign.

I glance to Connor. He clenches his teeth and kicks the sign down. It instantly turns into a small hovering sign. I pick it up and look at it. The message is still engraved on it. I look at Connor, who continues to stare at where the sign had once been.

"I guess they always remove him... But he keeps coming back in." He starts. Then turns to me. "This isn't the first time this has happened to me. Back before the update, I got signs like these often. But as long as we keep moving, we'll be fine."

And we do so. We pick up our valuables and continue north. As we walk farther up, I notice small movements within the shadows. I attempt to ignore it, but the eerie feeling keeps itself attached to me. I shiver. "Something wrong?" Connor asks, noticing my discomfort. I give a quick glance to the shadows before replying, "I don't know. I think it's just a sheep or something." I shiver once more.

Connor slows his pace to walk beside me. He pulls his sword out and gestures for me to pull out mine. I do so, feeling a bit safer.

As we continue walking, the temperature begins to drop. We continue walking, but the chillyness continues to rise, making me rub my arms to keep warm. I never knew getting cold was possible in minecraft... I think quickly.

"Shelter!" Connor calls, racing ahead. As I follow Connor, we reach a... A small hut? It looks as if a noob built a dirt hut and abandoned it. There wasn't a player in sight besides Connor. The hut was about 5x5, allowing enough room for us both to fit in. A wooden door was placed in the doorway, but for some reason... It was open.

Connor entered the hut first. As I enter, a large chest, a furnace and a crafting table lay against the left wall. Just to the right, a wooden plank lay in the corner. A few planks lay here and there on the dirt floor, but... Something seems slightly off about it.

I make my way towards it as Connor digs through the large chest. I bend down and begin to tap it. Clunk clunk clunk. The sound of wood breaking filled my ears. As soon as it brakes, I catch it in the air. I look at the hole from where the planks were. A long dark tunnel dug strait down, ladders could be seen on the wall in front of me. I call Connor over, and point to the tunnel bellow.

I feel the front of my body slowly tipping downwards as I lost my balance. And before I have a sense of what was happening, I begin to fall. Down into the dark tunnel.