Chapter 3 (Part 2)

I bolt up, panting like crazy. I look at Connor beside me, who was still sleeping. I roll out of bed and walk down the stairs. I am then greeted by Mr. Steve. He was carefully working in a small area that seemed to be a sort of kitchen. Smooth stone lined the ground in front of the kitchen counter, crafting table, furnace, etc. He was stirring something with a stick. Please don't be apples. I think ungratefully.

"Hey." I greet. The tall man turns his head to look at me. "Mornin'" He replies, and continues making what seems to be breakfast. He turns to a small 'Table' and sets two bowls down. "What's this?" I ask, not looking in the bowl. "Warm milk and..." He pauses to takes something out of the furnace, "...warm bread." He sets the loaf on the table. I look at him with a smile. "Sweet, thanks." I smile, making my way towards the table and sitting down on a wooden stair.

He takes a seat in front of me and watches me eat. I gulp down a bit of the milk, then take a pieceof bread and eat large bites. "You seem hungry." He comments, giving an amused smirk. I glance up at him, but don't say anything. A bump is sounded upstairs. "Seems Connor is up as well." Steve chuckles. I see two feet slowly coming down the stairs. Connor suddenly came to view, rubbing his eyes. He notices the food on the table and moans, "You started breakfast without me?" He mumbles. Steve gets up, "Sorry. I guess we have. But I will leave you two alone for now. I must tend to the mine." He states before heading to the doorway and ducking through it.

"You had to scare him off, didn't you?" I tease, chuckling. "Shut up." Was his only reply.

Later on, Connor and I decide to look around a bit more. We both agreed we'd meet back at the waterfall in what seemed like an hour or so, and we both set of to do our own thing. I walk down the main pathway, observing everything I see. As I look around the market, I notice strange looks from some of the consumers. I attempt to ignore them, but it's sort of hard when they're watch your every move.

I buy some bread, apples and a few potatoes with the small amount of gold we revived from Steve after we arrived. I put the items in my inventory and explore more parts of the chasm. I still feel eyes on me. I try not to acknowledge their stares but, as I glance around, I notice that everyone is wearing the same clothes. A white t-shirt or long sleeved shirt, and brown or black pants.

I continue walking around, and eventually, people stop staring at me. I start to slow down as a strange building comes into view. I walked by the orchard and farm to the back wall of the chasm, and haven't even realized. This building was carved out of the wall. It jutted out by 3 blocks and was a sort of sphere shape. It was well hidden from plain sight, probably because of the farm.

As I examine more closely, I notice that this hut it made out of just stone and dirt. The entrance didn't have a door, but it had thick vines that covered the entrance. Outside, there was many sorts of strange items. Such as, a Jack o' Lantern, what seems to be a wither skull, a few mushrooms, and a nether brick pathway leading up to the door.

I carefully examine the thick vines and slowly creep towards them. I open them slightly, just enough so I can peer in. A strong scent of potions and various different smells hit me, filling my so called 'nostrils'. As I peek in, I see a caldron in the middle of the room, some shelves with potions on them at one wall, a large table on the opposite wall, and what seems to be a pumpkin at the back.

By the pumpkin, I notice a doorway. My curiosity gets the better of me and I slowly creep forward through the vines. I slowly walk up to the caldron. I notice no one around so I decide to investigate. I make my way towards the caldron to see some thick brew of yellow gunk. I narrow my eyes as the disgusting aroma surrounds me. I turn away, the smell making me nauseous. My gag reflex acts up. Not looking where I was going, I run into the shelf, knocking many... many potions down... Great job... I think in utter disgust.

As the potions fell at my feet, the particles fly up and begin to circle me. The room spins as I desperately try to grab something to keep my balance. I grab the shelf and stay there for a few seconds. Luckily the potion effects don't last long. As the particles begin to disappear, I hear footsteps coming from the other room. I turn to see a strange looking woman. Her eyes are bloodshot, she wears a witches hat but she wasn't testificate. She wears a black robe as well. As I take a look at her hand I see she is holding a stick. She quickly makes her way towards me and I rapidly make my way out of the hut. I hear the player grumble angrily, giving up on chasing me. I don't really want to go there again...