Chapter 3 (Part 3)

I take the long away to the waterfall. Running my hand softly against the walls of the chasm. The wall stopped and opened into a 3x3 square mine. Some wooden blocks framed the square to form a doorway deeper in the mines. I want to look in there, but I don't have the time.

I continue to the waterfall where I am treated by Connor. "Hey." I say, raising my hand slightly, gesturing a wave. Connor smiles, and waves his hand to follow. We make our way towards the waterfall. When we first got here, bellow the rushing water was what seemed to be a pool, but up close, it was much bigger. It looks as if a player could jump in and drown. It's... Pretty deep.

"We should stay here... Until everything is fixed." Connor mutters, a sigh following. I glance towards him. "You miss everyone... Don't you?" I ask sympathetically. He nods then turns to me and smiles. "But hey, not every one gets to kill a zombie with their own hands!" He says cheerily. And he nudges my shoulder. I didn't even get to kill a zombie yet. And for the rest of the evening, we chatted about what we saw in the chasm, I told him about the crazy witch and how I knocked almost all the potions off the shelf. His story was similar, but I think he saw more than me. Actually, he said he found someone who makes skins. That sort of sounded wrong....

Later on, Steve found us and brought us to his place. "Starting tomorrow you will begin training." He said in a deep voice. He unpacked his stuff in one of his large chests. He began making dinner and I head upstairs. In the light of the room, I notice some ladders leading up. Connor stayed downstairs to help with dinner so I got some quiet. I head up to what seems to be the attic. A small hole in the roof confirmed my suspision. I squeeze through the hole and pull myself onto the roof.

I look around slowly. The view is amazing. I take a seat and tuck my knees under my chin and clench my arms around them. As I look at the chasm's ceiling, I see the glowstone get pulled into the ceiling and a block of stone replacing it. I watch in awe as it performs the action in a sort of wave. The chasm then goes completely dark.

I stay there quietly for a few moments as lights flash on in the houses. I smile. All I can think is Amazing. I hear a noise behind me. I turn around to stare at the player. To my surprise, it was Steve. I don't say anything and look away. He pulls himself up and sits beside me. "I'm guessing that I missed it." He says, followed by a huff as he plopped himself beside me. I'm guessing he's talking about the lights. "It's nice to see so many people care for each other." He mumbles. I smirk, not looking at him.

"It's definitely not like that in the real world" I mutter. I could feel his uncertain, and dark gaze on me. Right. He hasn't seen the 'Real World'. I kind of pity him... A character everyone mistreats. But, here he is. Alive as ever.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see him getting up. He sighs,"C'mon, dinner's ready."