Chapter 6 (Part 2)

Walking to the mine wasn't as pleasant as I thought... Many players were giving me these smug looks... It's a large chasm with not a lot of people... So the work of Connors and my fight must of gotten out very quickly. As I pass most of them, I keep hearing them talk about Steve tossing us out the door. Sort of embarrassing.

I get to the mine and sigh. A large 3x3 tunnel opens up and it's supported by wooden beams. Torches are paced evenly on the beams. It must be more for look. I walk into the mine, glancing down the long strips of tunnels that dot each side. I come to the end of the mine, being greeted by the miners as I pass. I enter this room that has maps and large chests. A table and seats dotted around the table. The smell of potions filled my nose. I see miners joking and laughing, paying no attention to me. Among those miners, I see Steve. I wave my hand at him and he looks up. "Ah, speakin' of the spider!" He exclaims, raising a hand that held a potion bottle and pointing at me. 'Speaking of the spider'? The heck?

"I was just telling them of how you and your friend had a little scuffle!" He drowsily waved the potion flask and setting it on the table. Is he... Actually drunk... Or is he just acting? There isn't any alcohol in minecraft... As he gets up and walks over to me swiftly, appearing right at my side in a second. He puts his arm around me. The sickly fumes of potions make my eyes water. If they can.

I accidentally gag. Steve notices my discomfort and looks down at me with eyes of pity. "I apologize for my stink. But it's only a potion of swiftness. It'll end in a few minutes." He murmurs. He sits me down by someone I don't recognize. The scent of potions wafts around me. I glance at him, luckily, he didn't notice. Just kept looking at his half drunk potion flask.

"So what brings you here, Brody?" I hear Steve ask. I look up at him and sigh. "Carlos sent me on a small mission to find some stuff. I need some blaze powder, redstone and some mushrooms." I reply, resting my head on my hand. The guy beside me scoffs.

"Curlos has a new apprentice, huh? Hope that old witch doesn't make you try to retrieve bedrock." He slurs, chuckling before taking another swig of his drink. I turn to him and examine him. He has a reddish beard and a black and green hat. He is also wearing some sort of black and yellow suit that seems to be designed in a specific way. I glance around at the players at the table who seem to be wearing the same thing. "I'm sure she'll make him do anything Cave. You never know what that lady has in store." A player who's sitting by Steve mutters. Cave...? That sounds familiar...

"Unfortunate, but true." Steve agrees, sighing. I look up at the guy sitting next the Steve. He has red eyes and black hair. He's wearing the same suit as the other guy, and his voice sounded young, like about my age. "Sorry for not introducing myself properly." Says the player next to me. "Name's Caveman. At least that's what I am called by others." Caveman mutters, looking at me. Caveman films...? "Brody..." I reply, looking at him in shock. He said he is called caveman films... And his voice sounds remarkably similar... Wow! The second youtuber I've met!

"And my name's ZexyZek. I faintly remember my own name. Died so many times that I can't even remember what the real world feels like." He says quietly. Another youtuber? I feel like I can strike up a conversation, but before I could do so, Steve stands up. "Let's go fetch you that stuff. See you both latter. Don't stay on break too long, or forget about your next payment" Steve explain, acting like the guy I know instead of the drunk guy. I actually didn't want to see him... But if I hadn't gotten here... I wouldn't have met ZexyZek or Caveman. I gotta be thankful for that!

Zek and Cave just chuckle and wave goodbye as we left the room. As Steve and I enter what seems to be a massive storage area, Steve stops me. "I know you're living with me, and that you think I can trust you, but you're still new here, and this is a place where I can't have you taking and sticking your nose into stuff! You can wait here." Steve demands as he walks up to what seems like a counter. He presses a button on one of the beams and it makes a loud tune. A man soon walks into view and begins to chat with Steve.

I watch closely as they exchange goods. Gold nuggets for some blaze powder and some other items. So that's the currency here! I think. Well, gotta earn my share then...