Chapter 3 (Part 1)

I lay awake in my bed. I look over to Connor, who was sleeping right next to me. He had his back to me, but I could hear the light snoring coming from him. I look back at the wooden ceiling.

Steve made us take a few tests. Simple ones really. How well we knew minecraft, how well our combat skills were, farming tests, and all that. He showed us around. I spotted a Blacksmith, a Townhall, Repairs shack. They even had an underground Tree orchard and farm. That's when he showed us to his place. He gave us his room on the second floor, and he slept on a chair on the first floor. I didn't understand why he was being so nice to us. Especially after we just met.

"Hey Connor?" I ask quietly. I get a groan for a reply. "Do you think... That our parents are worrying about us?" I ask quietly. Connor faces me, his eyes slightly open. "Well of course..." He replies groggily, "I bet everyone's parents miss them..." He yawns. "Now... Go back to sleep." He mumbled before turning his back on me. The light snoring continued as he drifts to sleep. I blink at the ceiling. I decide to doze off as well.

I wake up in some sort of forest. The sun was gone, but the moon was up, eliminating the forest infront of me. I quietly call out "Hello?" before walking onwards. I don't remember leaving the chasm. So... I guess it's a dream? I keep walking forward. And my movements are slowing down. A sudden chill runs up my arm. "Hello?" I call once more. No reply. I attempt to quicken my pace, but I fail. I keep speed walking.

Then I stop dead in my tracks. I come across a wide open clearing. Stone pillars formed a perfect circle around the clearing(Even if there's no circles in minecraft, close enough). A shiver runs up and down my back. I enter the circle. As I enter, a black mist appears before me. I stumble backwards, but trip over my own feet as I try to run away. I stare back at the mist that is slowly making its way towards me. I scramble backwards, my back hitting a pillar. Crap... I never thought I could have dreams in minecraft... Let alone nightmares! I think fearfully. The black mist begins to form into some sort of player. My eyes widen as soon as I recognize the skin. Righteous. The first thing that came to mind. Her skin was pale. Her eyes were a deep, glowing orange. Her hair was as white as snow, and her clothes were casual. A pale yellow shirt with a striped orange sweater over top. She wore an orange beanie on top of her white hair. Black pants and brown boots.

Before I could do anything, she runs at me and grabs my shoulder picks me up. She's strong... And her grip is painful. How...? I think. She continues to grip my shoulder, her grip tightening. I attempt to hit her, but she blocks my attack. Her arm quickly moves to my throat, pressing hard, choking me. Her grip on my shoulder loosens as she lifts me up higher on the pillar. Not a smart move. I think smugly. As she keeps me in the position for a few seconds, I kick her in the forehead. She falls back instantly, dropping me onto the ground. I land on one knee, catching myself. Should I run or fight?! I panic. I turn to run, but as soon as I reach the edge of the circle, I am forced back, feeling my head bang hard on something.

I fall backwards. My eyes squint from the pain. As I look up, she stood there. The demon. She raises her foot and stamps hard on my head, causing me to black out.