Chapter 1 (Part 1)

I woozily get to my feet. "My head is killing me..." I grumble as I put my hand to the back of my blocky head. I look at the blocky figure, who seems to be so calm about it. But as I look more closely, I notice that... It's Connor. My best friend. "Hey... Uh..." I hesitate then hold out my "hand". Connor just looks at me, dumbfounded. Then his eyes widen as he got the hint. "Oh, what? Oh, yeah. All the people who play minecraft got sucked into this crappy virtual world. I acted the same way when I first logged in." He let out a quiet chuckle. Now I must look dumbfounded. "When did you log in?" I ask.

"30 days ago." He replies. My eyes widen in shock. "About 2 or 3 days in the actual world." He tries to reassure me. "We should head back to your place... Before it gets dark." I say nervously. Connor looks at me with dismay.

"We can't."

"Why not?"

"Creepers."

"Oh." I reply. "I guess we start from scratch." Connor let out a sigh. "Yup."

Connor and I head north. Where some trees could be located. All the trees where I was at were leafless and dead... or at least, that's what it seemed. As we reached the forest, I see movement within the shadows. Quietly, I tap Connor's shoulder and point to where I saw movement. Connor gestures for me to stay. I'm not a dog. I think irritably. I hear Connor scream. "Connor!!" I yell, racing towards the sound.

As I make my way through the trees, I stumble across Connor... with a chicken. I... am unamused. "Not cool." I mutter angrily. Connor looks at me with a wide grin. I haven't even noticed. Our minecraft characters have mouths and eyes that actually move. Almost like a minecraft animation character.

I look at the chicken in his hands. It seems to be smeared with blood... I turn around and gag. Gross. I look back at Connor, "What the hell did you do? Strangle it?" I narrow my eyes. "Well, how do you expect to kill a chicken when you have no sword or weapons?" He suggests. And, he did prove a good point. But... He had a house full of things right? Had he died? "I thought you said you had a house. And you've been here for 30 days. Wouldn't that mean you had lots of stuff? Did you die?" I ask, adding a hint of suspicion in my voice.

Connor turns to me, his eyes staring into mine. "Yeah. But there's something serious about when you die." His gaze turns back to the chicken. "Once you die, you loose a part of your memory." He hesitates. "I can't remember my parents name. I don't even remember if I had a sibling or not." His voice fades and quivers slightly. I can tell he's depressed about this subject.

"Connor, you mentioned that every person who plays minecraft, gets sucked into the game right? Well, does that mean Mags is in here somewhere?" I ask. "Who, Maggie? Yeah. She logged in... I think she logged in before I have. Along with a few other people I know. But... they seemed different." He pauses. "When I met Ashton in the game, I asked him if he saw anyone else he knew. He mentioned Mags, but... He said she isn't called that. He said her name was 'Righteous'. That's her minecraft user name right?" Connor looks at me.

"Yeah. But she forgot the 'Noob' part in her name." I reply, along with a quick shrug. "And... Her skin is a demon?" He asks more worriedly. "Yeah. One that worships Herobrine." I respond more nervously. "Well. That's a problem isn't it?" Connor replies with a nervous chuckle.