Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Digging my fingers into my palm I silently hoped I would puncture a major artery and bleed to death. Anything would be better than this.

"I look like a puffy marshmallow." I said through gritted teeth

With a satisfied smirk Stacy circled me, one perfectly manicured finger tapping her chin as her eyes took me in, fluff and all. I could tell she was enjoying this far more than she should and it irked me further because I couldn't do anything about with my mother a foot away. I'm not even sure how I even got into this mess in the first place.

Oh yes, my darling mother came by my apartment at seven thirty, dragging me out of my building as I fought as best I could to hold my ground but I was no use against the steel like woman when she set her mind on something. Especially since Stacy had an appointment at a boutique in the filthiest, riches area of the upper east side and apparently my appearance was mandatory. According to my mother that is. So now here I am standing on a small step in a knee high, puffy peach dress that made me resemble pillsbury doughboy's bride.

"I think it suits you." she said with a quick dart of her eyes down my body

Glaring daggers in her direction I clenched my fists at my sides "Then you wear it."

Her eyes widened momentarily before she composed herself "But I already of a dress being specially made for me and besides peach is definitely your color."

Sparing a quick glance in my mother's direction I was pleased to see her with her back to us as she spoke to a saleswoman. Seizing the opportunity before me I took a step forward so we were at an eye to eye level, which startled Stacy. She craned her neck back as I leaned forward with my closed fist beside her jaw.

"If you make me wear this dress I will make sure you limp down that aisle." I hissed under my breath

Fear flashed in her eyes as they darted to my fist very near her face, she gulped harshly "You wouldn't dare, mother would kill you." she said in a shaky voice

My mouth quirked upwards at the uncertain tone she used "Who said mother would know it's me? You can get a lot out of a grand in the city, especially in the shadier neighborhoods."

She sucked in a shocked breath as she turned her gaze behind me to our mother before darting back to me. I raised a brow, silently telling her to make her choice and choose well. Hesitating briefly she quickly nodded her dark red hair, the thick locks bouncing rapidly.

"Okay, go change just don't touch my face." she begged and quickly ran across the room to our mother's side

With a triumphant grin, I stepped down from the step watching as Stacy gripped my mother's arm her eyes still wide with fear as she glanced in my direction. Resisting the urge to laugh I quickly rushed back to the dressing room and tore the horrid dress off as quick as I could.

I wasn't actually going to hire someone to beat her up but Stacy didn't need to know that. The look on her face was priceless as she stood by our mother, it reminded me of when we were younger. I use to rip the heads of her barbie doll every time she rubbed in the fact that I would never look as 'pretty' as barbie and her. So being the troubled, neglected child that I was I chopped the plastic head off and promised to do the same to her if she didn't stop rubbing in her looks. Laughing under my breath, I slipped my pencil skirt on and left the small room leaving the dress behind.

"Khloe Spark did you threaten to cripple your sister." my mother hissed as she stomped in my direction

Snitch.

Opening my mouth to give a reasonable explanation when my phone rang giving me a perfect excuse. Immediately I dug my phone out and held a finger up to my mother who glared at me.