Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Uncertain how the kiss had gone from curious and innocent, to carnal and desperate I felt my back pressing against the far wall no where near the bedroom. Running my hands over his shoulders I moaned in awe as the tight muscles beneath my fingers flexed, resting my hands at his slender hips I felt him press further against me, molding his toned body to mine. My legs threatened to give out as I wobbled confident I wouldn't be able to stand on my own soon. His long fingers gripped the hem of my tee, starting to tug it upwards and exposing my stomach. The butterfly like touch of his fingers on the sensitive area sent the alarm bells dinging in my head warning me of the upcoming danger.

Flattening my palms against his chest I gave a weak push noting how my fingers fisted the fabric of his shirt "No -Wes stop." I croaked uncertain if I wanted him to

Involuntarily he pulled away his eyes glazed with abandoned desire, reflecting the same wanting racking my insides but I couldn't sleep with him -well not ever, that's ridiculous. "We can't just have sex and forget that you left me earlier for another woman." I explained when he cocked his head in confusion

He sighed, causing his hot breath to mingle with mine "I told you Delia and I are friends." he stated his eyes at half mast as he eyed my swollen red lips hungrily

Dodging his eager mouth I shook my head, dead set on getting a real answer out of him. "The bartender said you were more than that."

He mumbled an array of curses in both Italian and English, both languages mixed into a jumbled mess making it difficult for me to decipher. His hands slid down my waist resting at my hips, he nodded once looking as if he were searching for the correct words before speaking.

"It's true."

"Not technically." he sighed shoving one of his large hands through his hair "It's complicated."

Ignoring the sting of betrayal mercilessly clutching my heart I forced my head up, allowing me to stare straight into the stormy blue eyes I could easily lose myself in.

"Did you two ever have sex?"

He hesitated, fear flickering in his eyes before breathing out "Yes."

He cheated. He fücked another girl! My throat tightened recalling the other night when they were embracing oblivious to me standing behind them observing the whole scene -watching them entering his apartment. Banishing the memory from my mind I concentrated on wording my next question, I now know they've had sex.

"Did you ever have a sexual relationship with her?"

"Yes."

No. Squeezing my eyes shut I found his honesty bittersweet -for him to answer without the long dragged out answers and 'it meant nothing' line that always aggravated me but it didn't excuse the fact that he has had sex with her. His hand rested on my shoulder sliding so he was cupping my neck, his touch was warm and meant to comfort me but I felt disgusted and squirmed away, only leaving his hand on my hip as our only contact. Squaring my shoulders I blinked my eyes open unsatisfied with the information I've received, there was still more I wanted -needed to know.

"Did you have any sexual contact with her tonight?" I asked in a deadpanned tone

His eyes flared with what resembled anger "No."

Firmly pressing my lips together I held in the sigh threatening to pass my lips, "Did you have any sexual contact the night she stayed over?"

The muscle in his jaw twitched indicating his dislike of this question but I needed to know. He dropped his hand from my hip and I felt an emptiness in my chest at the loss of contact but didn't attempt to reach for him no matter how much my body yearned for it.