Chapter 4

I've been sick and in bed for two days with my hubby serving me homemade soup >_

*********

Chapter 4

"I'm your what now?" Wes muttered looking down at me with his dark brows bent in confusion

Digging my nails into his skin I felt the smile on my face tremble as my mom's forehead creased as she glanced up at Wes before dropping her honeysuckle eyes down to me as if asking what was going on. Stacy on the other hand couldn't hide the dark grin slowly creeping onto her face as she shifted onto her other foot.

Camouflaging the panic that had my fingers shaking at the possibility of all of this blowing up in my face, it wouldn't come as a surprise since this whole situation was ridiculous in the first place but my pride was at stake.

"It's okay babe." I laughed softly forcing the endearment out "I told them about us."

"Us." Wes chuckled at the two lettered word as if it were a joke

Laughing softly hid my trembling hands behind Wes's body knowing my mom would pick up on it if she saw them. Racking my brain for some sort of distraction I glanced down to see Stacy holding a bottle of wine in her arms while her narrowed eyes took in every inch of Wes as if she were analyzing him which probably was the case and I couldn't really blame her. Standing side by side Wes and I looked like polar opposites, while he had that sex appeal and laid back aura I screamed boring and strict in which I had grown up with.

"Well come in." I said stepping out of the way to allow them in with my hand still in Wes's larger one

Grabbing the wine from Stacy's arms I motioned for them to sit down while I open the wine.

"Can you help me in the kitchen..babe?" I said through gritted teeth hating the word I had to force out

"Umm.."

Not bothering to wait for I reply I shut the front door and dragged a still confused Wes into the kitchen while my mom ohhed about the jade sculptures on the mahogany table that cost a fortune but when I bought it I knew my mom would love it and that was enough for me to slap down my credit card.

Safely hidden in the kitchen with a wall separating us and my mom's voice floating from the other room about the apartment and Stacy's whiny squeak of disapproval I placed the wine on the counter, whipping around to face Wes I thought of how to approach this situation in a mannered, mature way that would neither freak him out or make him think I was desperate. Which I was but he doesn't need to know that.

Straightening up I placed my hands in front of me in a professional manner because that's what this is.

"I understand this may have shocked you especially since it was literally thrown at you with no warning but I need you to err.."

"To be your boyfriend." he finished for me with a devilish grin

"Yes, if there was another way I wouldn't be asking this of you but considering the circumstances I don't have much of a choice."

He shoved one large tan hand through his disheveled hair causing his short T-shirt to outline the taunt muscles that were now in display, his muscles flexed by the small movement and what a sight it was. Mentally shaking my head of the stray thought I forced my attention back to his face.

"Sorry I can't." he finally said

Disappointment washed over me at his answer but what did I expect that he'd jump to the idea. Mentally snorting at the thought I knew that would be a long shot, why exactly would a guy like Wes agree to such an absurd plan with someone like me?