Chapter 6

Thank you all for the good wishes for me and my family because it is a difficult time for us but I promise that updates will continue regularly. You guys deserve that much for respecting my private life:)

This chapter is dedicated to two wonderful readers who pointed out the flaws in the last chapter -which I've edited:) thank you valleygirl7 and XenaRose

******************

Chapter 6

Deep breaths you'll be fine, I chanted to myself for the tenth time.

Looking down at the knee high ruby red dress, the elbow length sleeves were slit at the sides revealing the pale skin of my arms. The neckline dipped slightly displaying a decent amour of my breasts but still keeping it classy. The gold beaded design in the middle hugged my waist showing off my slightly curvy figure, matched with simple red heels I blended in to the crowd. My soft blonde hair was pulled back into a high elegant ponytail leaving a strand or two out flowing around my face.

The dress was perfect but that's wasn't why I was short five seconds of a panic attack. No it was the fact the the large dinning area was packed with reporters, gossip magazines, there was even a news camera. Blood pounding I felt a tightening in my chest suddenly feeling suffocated in the spacious room.

"I can't do this." I whispered feeling breathless

Darting my eyes around the large overly decorated room I searched frantically for an exit. This was a stupid idea, a stupid, embarrassing idea! What was I thinking?

Turning on my heels I felt a hand grip my wrist stopping me from fleeing the glamorous hotel like a scared schoolgirl.

"Yes, you can because I'll be here with you." Wes said reeling me back to his side

Biting my bottom lip I could have cared less about my lipstick as I took in the large crowd. After the announcement everyone flooded into the petal pink ballroom bombarding Stacy and Greg with questions.

Lifting my limp hand up he entwined his large fingers with my slender smaller one.

"It won't be so bad, come on let's get a drink."

Nodding, I didn't really have a choice as Wes led me through the crowd towards the open bar where there seemed to have been a few people hitting the liquor early. Maybe they had fake dates too. Wes called over the bartender.

"I'll have a glass of white wine."

The bartender didn't seem surprised as he reached behind to fetch a bottle when Wes snorted calling the young man back.

"Two vodkas, straight." he said

Raising a curious brow the bartender bent down for the clear bottle and two glasses.

"Are you crazy? You can't get drunk here?" I hissed leaning closer so no one heard me

Wes's large hand dropped my hand and snaking around my waist, taken by complete surprise by the unexpected action I jumped leaning further against his chest. Grinning wickedly Wes took one glass handing it to me as he took one of his own.

"It's to calm you down." he answers clinking his glass to mine "Besides I don't get drunk." he added and downed the entire thing

Shaking his head he motioned for me to take a turn. Examining the clear liquid I debated whether I should or not. I've never drank pure alcohol but than again I never really had a reason to.

"Come on kitty." he encouraged

Ignoring the voice that screamed no I lifted my head back swinging the whole glass down in one gulp, regretting the reckless action right away. Like fire the vodka burned my throat as it slid down leaving a fiery trail after it. Hissing I placed my hand against my throat coughing slightly.