Chapter 49

Chapter 49

Squeezing my eyes against the light streaming through the semi opened curtains I wanted to groan as my head spilt in half, literally. It was like I got run over by a tractor.

"You awake K?"

Rolling lazily to the other side I struggled to open my eyes at first but forced my heavy lids to open. Aaron smiled as I squinted against the sun resembling Dracula as I placed my forearm over my eyes as a shield. Glancing around the room I was relieved that I was in my bedroom although I wasn't sure how I got here I do know it had something to do with Tess and Aaron.

Waking into the room dressed in pink stripped pajama bottoms and a tray in her hands Tess offered a soft smile "How you feeling?"

"Like a marching band walked all over me." I croaked

Sliding up into a sitting position I motioned for Aaron to close the curtains in response he chuckled and did as I wordlessly asked. As the light faded from the room I lowered my arm wondering just how much I drink last night if I'm this sensitive to light. Racking my brain I couldn't remember past the forth glass of jack and that included the events of last night as well. Hopefully I didn't make a complete idiot of my self.

Setting the tray down on my lap Tess handed me two aspirins and a glass of water that I greedily snatched and downed in one gulp. My mouth felt like sand paper and like I've been chewing on metal. Shuddering from the spoiled taste in my mouth I grabbed the mug of coffee and took a long sip, wincing as the hot liquid scorched my throat but that didn't stop me from taking another gulp.

"Relax." Tess laughed and lowered the mug from my lips

Dropping like a block beside me Aaron scooted up so he was leaning against the fluffy white pillows, his long legs spilled over the bed and put a smile on my face. Mainly because I've haven't seen Aaron sprawled on my bed in his ridiculous silk pajamas since I was a senior in high school. He always came over with these strange and very expensive pajamas, it was funny to watch him struggle not to drip ice cream on them when we have our junk food mania. Those were happy times before we grew apart. The reminder oddly didn't sadden me like I thought it would, actually it brought a smile to my face thinking back to the days before my life spiraled into a disaster.

"Your smiling that's good." Tess said and pushed the tray towards me

Despite the sudden turn in my midsection twisted as I brought a extra crispy strip of bacon to my mouth with the thought of the grease soaking up the remaining alcohol in my system. The salty flavor coating my tongue had my heart sinking as I recalled the last hangover I had and the nursemaid as well. Mentally shaking him from my thoughts I refused to release that can of worms, mainly because I knew I would feel that same hallow feeling as yesterday and I can't feel that way again. At least not now.

"Why is that?" I asked as I nibbled on the fatty strip

Sharing a look of questioning Tess stood up and walked out of the room without uttering a word whilst Aaron sat up so he was leaning against as small stack of pillows. Swallowing the grease food I felt my stomach churn again, I couldn't tell though if it was from the food I'm forcing down my throat or the sudden look of concern marring both my best friends' faces. As Tess returned I placed the bacon back on the plate along with the two towhee strips and stack of eggs.

"What aren't you two telling me?" I asked as I watched Tess retake her seat. Turning towards Aaron who placed a hand on my thigh and gave a small squeeze as if to tell me to relax.

"What do you remember about last night?" Tess asked me

"I drank,a lot." I answered with a simple shrug