Chapter 12: Ricardo Giovanni

Reverse time to when Scarlett was absent from work’

Ricardo P.O.V.

I was having a major headache with this deal with my enemy which is the Benedetti Corporation. They stubbornly insist on arguing with everything I had prepared about the construction project that is due next week. I was about to shout to his face whether he had a better idea for the project but I manage to reign in my anger and gave them a choice of whether to accept the project I had prepared or get out of the contract. To my pleasure that shut them up and sign the necessary papers. Afterwards we said our goodbyes and then they finally left.

Then there is this problem with my missing secretary. She has not shown up for work for three days in a row now. All her work is pilling up on her desk and I need someone to organize them before next Monday.

Miss Jones better have a good excuse as to why she has not been showing up for work or not she is fired. A knock interrupt my thoughts. “Come in” I ordered the person outside the door. The door open revealing the private detective I hired to find out where my secretary is. I hired him yesterday to find out anything he can about my secretary whether or not she ran away with my money even though I could not find any stolen money. Better to be safe then sorry.

“Well do you have the information I ask for?” I said my voice echoing around the office. The private detective whose name is Jonathan sat down on the chair in front of my desk and then took out a file from his briefcase and set it on my desk. “Everything you need to know about her is in that file and where she is currently right now” Jonathan said in a professional voice.

I look through the file and I find out something that froze my already frozen heart. So it is not a coincidence that they have the same last name. They are sisters.

I never knew that she had a sister all she told me was that she was an only child and that she ran away from home because she wants to make something of herself. I should of check her background to confirm whether she was telling the truth or not instead I was too in love with her to do something as simple as to check her background.

I shook my head to get rid of thoughts of her. She is not worth to remember. I concentrate back on the file. I was a bit caught off guard when I read that Miss Jones was kidnapped and found this morning with her friend Bethany Collins. They are now currently in the Madeline hospital recovering from there injuries.

Apparently Miss Jones has receive serious injuries but now is recovering and will not be discharge until the 5th of June which will be a week from today.  So now I have to look for a temporary replacement until Miss Jones is fit enough to work again.

I let out a sigh, another thing to sort out. I heard someone clearing their throat so I look up. I forgot about Jonathan who is looking a little uncomfortable in the chair waiting for my opinion on his work.

“You did well. I have already transfer the money to your account and expect a little bonus for the sudden call” I told him sure that the bonus I gave him will be enough to cover the cost for asking him to quit with ex client. “Thank you. It is a pleasure to be working with you” he said in his professional voice afterwards standing up from his chair bowing his head at me then left the office closing the door quietly behind him.