Chapter 10: Recovering

Bethany P.O.V.

As soon as I heard that Scar is awake and asking to see me I quickly tried to get out of the hospital bed but Tobais gently put his hands on my shoulder to push me back down. "Wow there! Slow down. There is no need to hurry. You are not fully healed yet and you will only make your injuries worse if you suddenly move to fast" he explained. I relax back on the bed with a sigh. He is right I will only reopen my wounds furthermore Scar will get angry if I get injured just so I can see her.

Once I am calm I got out of bed but slowly this time making sure I did not disturb any of the wires that is injected to my arms. Tobais had his has out stretch to assist me but Tony beat him to it. Tony helps me to remove all the wire safely and when he is satisfied he put his hands under my arm and gently helps me to get out of the bed. Only when he was sure that I am able to stand on my own did he let go of me.

"Can you walk now?" Tony asks me and I just nodded. "Good I will take you to Miss Jones's room" he told me while holding the door open for me. I took a slow step forward making sure I don't stumble. Once I was strong enough to walk properly I walk out of the room with Tobais following behind me. We walked through a hall way that was crowded with patients, nurse, and visitors bustling around then we turn right into another hall way but this time we stopped at the third door on our right.

"This is Miss Jones's room" Tony said gesturing to room number 205.

I turn behind me to look at Tobais about to ask him if I could talk to Scar alone but he beat me to it. "Go ahead I will talk to her after you are done" he said with sincere smile. I thank him then turn around putting my hands on the door handle then push it down thus opening the door. I look inside the room first making sure Scar is awake before entering the room closing the as quietly as I can.

"You're okay! Thank god" Scar said with obvious relief in her voice just as the closed with a click. I look towards her. There she is lying on the hospital bed covered with tubes that connects with the machine and I could hear the heart monitor beeping echoing around the room.

I look at her incredulously. "You're the one stuck on the hospital bed covered in tubes and you're worrying about me" I said in a joking voice but I am relieve that she is out of danger and will recover fully in a week or two. She manages to grin at me. "Of course I worry about you. You can hardly take care of yourself" she said jokingly with a small chuckle. I made a dramatic gasp. "I so know how to take care of myself for your information" I retorted back to her then we ended up laughing until Scar moaned in pain. I am by her side in an instant about to press the button to call for help but Scar stop me.

"Don't make me laugh so hard my ribs hurt" she moan and chuckle at the same time. I relax and chuckle also. This is the Scar I always remember since high school constantly trying to make me laugh whenever I am going through sadness furthermore making me smile even though I was really heart broken when my parents fought in front of me.

I look at her seriously now and questioned her. "Are you sure you're okay and you don't need me to call a doctor for you?"

She sighed. "I'm perfectly fine right now aside all this tube that is connect to me so you don't need to worry about me so much beside I will be able to get out of here in less than two weeks" she said in her soothing voice trying to convince me that she is fine. I am still not convinced but I let it go because I see the look on her face that said we will not discuss this further so I decided to change the topic.

"I wonder what you're boss will think about your absence" wondering if she still even has the job. Her face turns to one of horror as she must have just realized it herself. "Oh My God! What am I going to do! Our disappearance didn't enter the news right? Oh I am so screwed. He is so going to kill me. I am so fired from my job when I get back" she panicked looking around for something. "Wow! Calm down" I told her holding her shoulder so that she lies back on the bed and made sure she is comfortable.