Chapter 5: The Trap is Set

Scarlett P.O.V.

I let out a sigh of relief and stretch in my chair. I just finish an assignment that my boss gave me a few hours ago and let me tell you it has been a tortures day. Actually everyday is tortures ever since I started this job.

Firstly my boss is seriously a freaking demon from hell. I mean come on who gives like a hundred files to recheck in one and a half hour. But by some miracle I manage to finish it on time and what is more frustrating is that he only ask me to do all the extra work while others only have to do there work load. I mean seriously if I didn’t know any better I said he is holding a grudge against me. But that is not possible as I never met him before in my life before I got this job.

If that is not bad enough I have the company’s slut on my back. Her name is Veronica but I am going to call her the company’s slut because that is what she basically is. I mean her clothes are like she is trying to get laid. Her clothes are so tight it’s a wonder she can walk at all and of course what slut’s outfit without having their boobs hanging out of their blouse and of course her minions are dress the same except a little more modest than the leader.

I don’t know how she got the job but I guess that she is good at what she does or not the boss would not have hired her to work for the company.

Enough with the rambling. There are more important stuff that needs my attention right know like how my friend is coping with her traumatic experience. She was fine when I sent her to work this morning but I have this gut feeling that says she is not telling me something. Like when she got out of the car she double check her surroundings before proceeding to walk inside the office building.

I am pretty sure this matter is not over until the guy is caught. I nearly went on a rampage when Bethany told me what happen to her that day but she manage to cool me down and talk why is was a bad idea to driving in the middle of the night to hunt him down.

What was even more frustrating was that a few days ago me and Bethany went to file a police report even though Bethany said it will be useless but I persisted but she was right the police couldn’t do much because the house address Bethany remembers didn’t exist in the computer system. They couldn’t find anything about the house it’s like it never existed.

I got a little scared. I didn’t know he could do that but Bethany was not surprise. She was kind of expecting something like this to happen it was not going to be easy to find evidence that link him to the crime. I was beyond mad and worried when the he was going to strike next so I put CCTV in front and back of my house as well as inside my house on every room, bathroom, living room and the kitchen just to be on the safe side.

I shook out of my thoughts and check the time. It was just after five.

I better be going don’t to face the sluts right know. With that thought I save all the documents in my laptop and switch it off then grab my purse and satchel and made my way to the elevator stopping here and there to reply to people who wish me a good bye. Got in the elevator and was about to press the button for ground floor but it was already red which means somebody pressed it already.

I discretely turn to my right to see who was in the elevator with me.

I paled.

It was my boss.