Chapter 16: Old Crush

Here is another update!!!! I tried to make this chapter longer as the last chapter was short and please excuse any spelling or grammar mistake! I'll update every Friday until this story is complete! I cant thank you guys enough for all the support and encouragement that you have given me. It's thanks to all of you who read, comment, and voted for the story that I am motivated to finish the story!

Anyways hope you enjoy reading this chapter!!!!!!!

Until next time!!!!!!!!!

Bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

#####################################################################

Chapter 16: Old Crush

Scarlett's P.O.V

The following week after I confronted my boss is normal except that Mr. Giovanni is more strict than usual but I manage to professionally do the task that he has set out for me with little mistake. Besides that this week was very normal.

Today Bethany wants to go grab dinner with friends from work, as it is a Friday night and she wants to enjoy and let loose a little bit for the night after her busy week at work. But I made sure to make her promise to call me when she is finish with her dinner so that I can come to pick her up instead of her taking a cab since the last incident that happen, I prefer to be sure of where she is.

She swore that she was going to call me since she is going to drink alcohol tonight. After all that was done she left the house when there was a car honking in front the house.

An hour after Bethany left, I decided to walk to the little café that was just a block away from my house. I got ready then left the house making sure I locked the door before I start walking to the café. As I was walking I enjoyed the night breeze, taking in the calm night scene until I reach the entrance of the café.

As soon as I open the door I hear the bell that indicate a new customer has arrived. I made my way to the cash register and order a hot chocolate and a croissant. Then after I pay for my order and said to keep the change to the guy that is manning the cash register. Then I went and choose a seat by the window so that I can enjoy the view while I eat my snack.

My order came a few minutes after I sit down, and after the waitress made sure I have everything I ordered she left saying to enjoy my drink and croissant. I said thank you and cut a little bit of the croissant with the fork and knife that the waitress provided then putting it in my mouth.

I savored the taste of the croissant, but the croissant reminds me of my mom's cooking back at my parent's house because my mom's cooking is the best food I have ever had the privilege to eat. I don't know how but the food that my mom cooks are always so tasty that I ate until I cannot eat anymore. The only reason I'm not fat is because everyday I make sure I exercise at least for an hour or not I would have been over weight growing up with the way my mom cooks. And thinking of my mom and my home growing up makes me thinks about my missing sister. Now a day I think about my only sister more often then before.

She is consistently on my mind everyday. I think about the happy memories I had with her and how she told me that she wants to leave the house and go on an adventure. She has a lot of spirit and very adventurous back then and she refuses to do as our parents told her to do. When she was 18, our parents plan to marry her off to this rich gentlemen from our neighborhood. Lets just say when she found out about it she did not agree with it as she has big dreams of living in the big city and getting a job there, so that night itself after a big fight with our parents she sneak out from the window of her room and we never saw her again until today.