Chapter 24: Christmas Eve

Another update is here!!!!!!

Until next time!!!!

Bye!!!!!! J

#####################################################################

Chapter 24: Christmas

Scarlett P.O.V

It's been three weeks since Sapphire's funeral and it's my routine to leave the office by 3:00pm and pick Dante up from the daycare and bring him to my house, then by 7:00pm my boss will come to my house to pick him up. That is our routine for the week and when it is weekend it depends on who Dante wants to be with as he usually likes to be with both of us everyday.

Even though it has been three weeks since Sapphire's death, I still cry myself to sleep every night thinking about her. I could not get over the fact that I would never be able to speak are have with Sapphire again.

It was worse when I had to tell my parents the news of Sapphire's death. I have never heard my mother cry in hysteria before. The were on a vacation over seas with the ticket I gave them for their anniversary present when I called them to tell them the news of Sapphire's death so the were not able to make for Sapphire's funeral but as soon as I went to pick them up at the airport they demanded me to drive to the cemetery where Sapphire's buried.

When my mother saw the tombstone with Sapphire's name on it she break down sobbing and I had to support her so that she didn't fall down. Me and my mother pretty much cried for god knows how long staring at her grave. My mother must be in so much pain from not being able to see her daughter anymore and not able to apologize for upsetting her daughter.

While me and my mother cried, my father just stood still staring at his daughter's grave with tears trickling down his face. My father is a stern but loving father and I have never seen him shed a tear before. My father later said that he cried because he did not part with Sapphire in good terms and he would do anything to make things right again between them.

I assured him that Sapphire does not hold a grudge against him after all these years. He hugged me and whispered thanks at my ear and I could feel tear drops falling on my shoulder, that made me want to cry.

 These past three weeks I felt like I cried a river as I feel like my eyes are so dry of any liquid. But the one good thing that happen these past two weeks is when my parents met their only grandson Dante.

When we got home from the funeral I explain everything that happen and how Sapphire has a three year old son who is living with his father. My parents demand that I take them to Dante or tell them where to find him so I call my boss to tell him that Dante's grandparents wants to see him. when he agreed I breathe a sigh of relief and told my parents that I will take them to see Dante in the morning. My mother nodded please and went to go and sleep in my bedroom with my father.

The next day my impatient mother who is itching to meet her grandson waked me up from my sleep. To appease her I got ready as quick as possible and went to the car grabbing a banana on the way out. All the way to my boss's house, my mother keep on asking questions about Dante until my father ask her to calm down and let me concentrate on driving before I get into an accident.

My mother huffed at my father but she stopped harassing me with questions so I sent a grateful smile at my father. My father just smile for the first time since I pick him up at the airport. My heart swell, that my father is starting to stop beating himself up about not being able to make amends with Sapphire. We reach my boss's house within 30 minutes and the gate automatically open when my car was five feet away from the gate.