Chapter 15: His Past

I'm sorry for not been updating in a while!!!! I had final exam to study for and I started college soon after! But now I found some time to write this chapter and please excuse any grammar or spelling mistake, as this story is not edited!! However I am not sure when I will be able to update next chapter because I have a lot of assignment to finish!!

Thank you for all of your support!!!!!!

Hope you enjoy this chapter!!!!!!!!

Until next time!!!!!!!!!!!

Bye!!!!!!! :)

####################################################################

Chapter 15: His Past

Scarlett's P.O.V

"Come in" I heard my boss said.

I took a deep breath then let it out before I open the door. The first thing I see when I open the door is his intimidating figure sitting behind his wooden work desk. I close the door as quietly as possible and walk towards his desk stopping when I am a foot away from the desk.

"What do I have on my schedule today?" he asks in his usual emotionless voice without taking his attention from his work.

I look at the papers I have in my hands and lists out everything that he has to do today and a few other things that was important for him to know. I breathe out after I finish listing out everything. He didn't say much except making sounds to acknowledge everything I just said.

My heart is beating so fast like it want to escape from my chest because I was so nervous but I steel in my nerves and ask him the question I have been meaning to ask him. "Sir? Do you happen to know where does Sapphire Jones lives now?"

As soon as I said her name he froze and his head snap up to my face. His piercing gaze scrutinizes my face. As his gaze pierce through me I could barely keep my body from shaking in fear. It was like he was trying to pierce through my soul but I stand straight and didn't back down from his stare.

"Why would you think that I know where she is?" he answered with a cold glare that sends chills up my spine. "She is your ex-wife. I thought you would know about her whereabouts," I said. Mentally patting myself for not stuttering while speaking. I did not know it was possible but his glare became even colder the moment I said the word ex-wife. "Be careful of what you say, as it can result in you losing your job," he said in a voice as cold as his glare.

Ricardo's P.O.V

I glared at my secretary for having the nerve to even bring up about her in my office. I know about how they are sisters but got separated after she ran away from home when Scarlett was sixteen. However I never thought she would ask me about her sister's whereabouts.

"Even though she is my ex-wife I have not the faintest idea where she ran off to after the divorce was finalized," I told her in a clipped tone. My eyes never wavering from hers. I stared at her trying to figure out why she suddenly wants to know about her.

After a few seconds she thanked me and excuse herself to leave my office. I just gave a brief nod to dismiss her. But as she left I was reminded of the agonizing memory of my ex-wife that I now loathe with every fiber in my body.

There was a time where I loved her so much and because of that her betrayal left a wound so deep that it was not able to heal itself even after 3 years. I still remembered the day that it happened vividly no matter how hard I tried to forget it keeps haunting me when I close my eyes.

#Flash Back#

Finally! I manage to finish everything that has to be done. I hurriedly clean up my desk and put all the files that I needed into my brief case. Then I quickly got out of my office, locking the door on the way out. I rush to car in a hurry to get home and see my beloved wife at home cooking dinner for our first anniversary.

On the way home I stopped by the flower shop to buy her favorite flower. Then I walk to the chocolate shop which is beside the flower shop and buy her a box of her all time favorite chocolate. When that was done I put everything at the backseat then drove home. After 10 minutes I reach the front gate of my house waited a few seconds for the gated to open then quickly drive to the garage.

I park the car then stop the engine and got out of the car, open the backseat and took out the flower and the chocolate. Then I made my way to the front door and unlock the door, calling for my wife. After a few second I hear her reply that she is in the kitchen, so I made my way to the kitchen. I walk past the living room then down the short hallway until I reach the kitchen. Once I reach the kitchen I put the gifts on a chair and quietly walk to my wife who was humming a tune while cooking.

She let out a startled gasp when I suddenly hug her from behind and gave a quick kiss to her cheek. "Happy Anniversary, honey," I whispered in her ear. She giggled and said "thank you, honey," she whispered back.

"So what are we having for dinner in this fine evening," I ask her. "We are having the classic steak with mash potatoes and salad as a side dish," she answered. "That sounds wonderful dear, I am absolutely famish!" I said with excitement. "Well then, can you help me bring out the glasses and put them on the table. Oh! Bring out the wine from the fridge to will you?"

"Why of course, anything for my wife," I said while bowing at her. Again she giggled and rolled her eyes at me. I walk to the cupboard where all the wine glass are and take two glasses then I went to the fridge to take the wine. Then I walk to the table to put the glasses and wine in the right place.

The whole table is decorated to give of that romantic feel. There are tall candles in the middle of the table and rose petals scattered all over the table with the fancy plates and utensils at each end of the table.

A few minutes later Sapphire come out with the food but I quickly take the food from her and put in on her side of the table, while I ask her to take a sit and I will bring out the food. She wanted to protest but she gave after I gave her a give look. She just sighed and walks to her chair but not before I was able to pull the chair out for her. 

Again she rolled her eyes at me but I just gently push her chair in and give a quick surprise kiss to her lips, then went to get my dinner while hearing my wife's laughter. I take the food that is ready on the kitchen counter and swiftly walk to the dinning room table and gently put my dinner on the table.

Once that is done I took the bottle of wine and pour some in Sapphire's glass then pour some in my glass. I lift my glass to her and she mimicked me. We toast to have a long and happy marriage.

We made small talk about random things that happen to us today until Sapphire started to look a little nervous about something as she is fidgeting a little in her seat. "What's wrong," I ask her in concern. Thinking that she was sick or something bad had happen to her earlier today. But she just shook her head at me and kept quiet.

That is until she open her mouth and what she said made my whole world turn upside down. I want a divorce. I want a divorce. I want a divorce. Her words keep repeating in my mind without the words registering in my mind.

"W-Why? Wh-What happened? Is it something I did?" I manage I choke out. My throat feels like there is a huge lump that is trying to choke me. She looks me straight in the eye without a hint of remorse and said "I grew bored with you already and I want to start a new life somewhere else."

After she said that my mind went blank.

#Flash Back End#

I was brought out of the past by the chiming of the clock that indicate that it is already 5'oclock in the evening. I shook out the memory from my mind and did everything that was necessary before I can go back home. A half hour later I'm ready to leave, made my way to the private elevator and waited a minute or two until I reach the bottom. When I step out of the lift the driver is there to take my brief case and lead me to the car.

Once we reach the car he opened the door and I slid in waiting to reach home so that I can drink my pain away.