Hatching Day Plans?

"Hey Moon," Qibli said as he opened the door to Moon and Crescent's apartment. He was trying to carry five bowls of food (which looked like delicious different types of meat and fruits left over from their trip to the rainforest).

Moon laughed as she rushed over to help him. They shared a sweet morning kiss, then went to Crescent's room to wake him up so they could all eat breakfast together.

Crescent was already sitting up on top of his blankets.

"Mommy!" He cried. "Qi-bi!"

"Hello sweetheart." Moon said as Qibli responded "Hey Little Buddy."

Moon let Crescent grab her talons as she helped him stand up and waddle into the kitchen area. She then helped him get situated in this little "high chair" that Qibli had found for him one day in the market.

Qibli grabbed two bowls of food and sat down on one of the three stools. He pushed one over so Moon could sit there beside him. She cast a grateful glance at him she buckled Crescent into his chair so he couldn't fall or squirm out.

"So," Moon began the conversation as soon as she finally got Crescent into his chair safely. "Why the surprise breakfast?"

"I thought Mommy might need a break from this stressful and surprising week." He said ruefully.
Moon chuckled.

" I kind of surprised myself when I stood up to Winter. I've always been a little, um, you know, afraid of him."

Qibli smiled at her. "I thought you were great. You should never be afraid of him again. Your mental strength and determination is way stronger than his."

She laughed, and tapped him on the forehead.
"I think your mental capacity far surpasses all of us."

//////////////////////////////////////////

As they finished eating breakfast and as Crescent was getting a little crankmonstery, Moon moved Crescent over to the rug so he could play with his toys. Crescent happily grabbed a little scavenger toy and began to move its arms and legs.

Moon and Qibli plopped down beside him. Qibli laughed when he saw what toy Crescent was playing with.

"He takes after his father," he thought dryly, then saw the expression on Moon's face.

"I'm sorry, I totally forgot and didn't mean to hurt you and- "

Moon interrupted him. "It's okay Qibli. I can't pretend Winter doesn't exist. I just have to live with it, and get over it."

Moon smiled at him. He grinned back, glad to see her as herself once again.

"Isn't Crescent's hatching day coming up?" He asked, switching the subject.

Moon beamed. "You remembered!" She cried.

"Don't I always remember?" He said, teasing her.

"Of course you do." She said, smiling back up at him.

"So, I had an idea. For Crescent's first hatching day... we should.... drumroll please."

Moon tapped her talons faster and faster on the rug she was sitting on.

"We should... take Crescent to the Rainforest!!" He exclaimed.

Crescent looked up from his toy.

"Raneeeyyy forwest?"