Flying High in the Sky

Moon was grabbing, grabbing all her stuff. She was going to the rainforest, a day's flight from her current living place she called home.

This was the first time she was going to be away from Crescent.

She was terrified to leave her baby; her sweet, sweet dragonet in the care of other dragons.

Dragons she had only known for three months.

But Qibli.

Qibli.

Was coming with her.

Her heart said
"Yes. YES."

While her mind thought
"No. No."

She buried her head in her pillow, letting the tears flow.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Qibli was soaring, a pale yellow against the clear blue sky.

And next to him, a dark purplish Nightwing flew.

Only them.

All alone.

Together.

Their wings swooped in perfect sync.

Two dragons, made for each other.

They flew on, headed out of the Sand Kingdom and into the Rainforest Kingdom.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Turtle whistled as he worked, preparing a nest for his and Kinkajou's dragonets-to-be.

The idea of being a father was an idea not known to him. His own father had been captured when he was only a tiny dragonet. Only a few memories remained. One of those was his biggest failure.

He only had one thought in mind when he thought of his coming dragonets:

I.

Will.

Not.

Fail.

Them.

Author's note: Sorry this was so short! I had an idea of using this poetry format, so I ran with it.

Do you guys like it? Or the regular way I usually write? Please comment your answer!

And guys: this book won FIRST PLACE in a contest by LaurenABlack !!!!! Thank you so much for all those who contributed to helping make this book awesome!!!!! I greatly appreciate it 😃.