Getting to Know You

Moon opened her eyes to Qibli standing over her with a bowl of fruit.

"Qibli!" She cried. "You didn't have to find all this fruit for me!"

"It's my pleasure," answered Qibli. "I hope you like it. Kinkajou says this one is your favorite." He pointed at a green-purple fruit with small spikes at the top.

"It is," she replied.

Qibli sat down next to her on the blankets she was using on the hammock.

"May I share this fruit with you, Moon?" He asked.

Moon smiled and took out a fruit. She broke off a piece and put it in Qibli's mouth.

"You may."

//////////////////////////////////////////

"Okay, so what's the plan for today?" Qibli asked cheerfully.

Turtle looked faintly uncomfortable.
"If it wouldn't be too much to ask... can you and Moon watch Summer and Rainbow for us?"

The couple exchanged glances.

"Of course!" Exclaimed Moon.

"We are very experienced."
Added Qibli with a charming grin. He slapped Turtle on the back.
"Don't worry so much! We got this."

Turtle slowly returned the smile.
"Okay then." He led them inside a hut to an exhausted, sleep-deprived Kinkajou and four dragonets in hammocks.

Misty's pale blue chest was rising and falling evenly, and Silver was snoring loudly. However, Rainbow was siting up in his hammock, his bright scales exuberant. Summer was also awake, quietly entertaining herself with her gold talons.

Summer's intelligent eyes saw Moon, Qibli, and her father immediately, as soon as they walked through the door. She liked sweet Moon and humorous Qibli instantly, and of course she loved her father, who was so shy and thoughtful.

She held out her talons towards the big dragons. Moon came over and picked her up out of the hammock.

"Hello Summer. How did you sleep, baby girl?" Moon murmured to the dragonet in her arms.

"Iiiiiii meeee sheep gud." Summer replied.

Moon giggled. "You slept good?"

"Yeeuh."

Qibli picked up Rainbow, whose eyes were wide open and looking around the hut excitedly. In Qibli's arms, he reached up and touched the Sandwing's freckles, then burst into laughter.
Qibli chuckled as well, then proceeded to take him outside because he didn't want to wake up Kinkajou. Moon followed him with Summer.

Once they were outside, away from the hut, Qibli began to tickle Rainbow, who hooted and laughed more than all the monkeys in the rainforest.

Summer joined in with her brother, laughing for no apparent reason. Moon began giggling widely at the sound of the two dragonets, carefree and young, full of energy.

As Qibli surveyed what was happening around him, he burst out, "I LOVE LIFE!!!!!" And promptly kissed Moon.

Author's Note: Awwwww!!!!! Some Moonbli to keep y'all happy 😆. It keeps me happy too.

And..... I have to give a shout-out to a fellow reader/writer person I found today who writes AWESOME MOONBLI STORIES!!! And they don't have many views/followers/comments! So go check out...

xX_Faeries_Xx !!!

Thanks, and have a wonderful day!