Uh-oh

A/N Moon and Qibli have been in the rainforest for five months. Moon has gone back and visited Crescent two weeks a month, but she has no idea about Winter, who is currently at the SandWing palace. Just wanted to clear that up for y'all. Thanks, and I hope you enjoy the story!

"We are going to miss you guys so much." Kinkajou said as she hugged her best friend.

"Same. Take care of your sweet hatchlings." Moon replied. She bent down and patted Summer, Rainbow, Misty, and Silver on the head.  Summer and Rainbow giggled.

Qibli and Turtle slapped each other on the back.

"Good luck with your dragonets! I know you'll be a great father." Qibli said with one of his charming grins.

Turtle gave a wistful smile. "I sure hope so." He said, ducking his head.

The Nightwing and the SandWing took to the air, with lots of "byeeee!!!"s behind them.

///////////////////////////////////////////

Winter laid on his bed, trying to repel all the warmth seeping into his scales. Sigh. It wasn't working. It must be morning already.

He rolled over to get up, and saw Lynx wasn't there. Her sheets were all matted and not lain smoothly; it was so unlike the Icewings way that it puzzled Winter.

Lynx came running out of the bathroom adjoined to their suite. Her face had a greenish tint to it; she didn't look like herself at all.

Winter frowned. "Are you okay?"

Lynx rearranged her wings, which were tangled up behind her.
"Yeah, I'm fine." She put on a smile.

"Okay then. It's time to get ready ." Winter replied. He swept gracefully into the bathroom and closed the door. He could hear Lynx rummaging for her jewelry in the box she had brought along.
"Everything's fine." His mind tried to calm him. But he knew in that moment everything had changed.

/////////////////////////////////////////

Qibli and Moon smiled at each other as they flew toward the approachingly larger SandWing palace.

Qibli was so so excited to see Crescent again. It had been five months- Crescent was almost a year old now. He wondered about this little dragonet's future.

What kept Moon going was her boyfriend by her side and the thought of her dragonet. She flew on, spiraling faster and faster, the wind fluttering through her wings.

The pair landed outside of the tent Thorn used as throne room; being outside reminded her of her past. A couple of Outclaws were standing outside the door.

"Parch! Can Moon and I go inside?" Qibli asked one of the Outclaws.

Parch shrugged her shoulders. "I think so. The queen might be in a meeting, but I'm not positive. I'm sure she wouldn't mind being interrupted by you."

"Okay thanks goodbye." Said Qibli as he and Moon rushed off go see Crescent.

Qibli burst through the tent first, looking around widely for Crescent. Thorn saw him and tried to shake her head at him, but it didn't work. Moon entered the doorway as soon as Winter whirled around.

Winter was shocked. His expression became as hard as ice.

"WHAT. ARE. YOU. DOING. HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Winter roared at the top of his lungs.

"Peep." Said a noise behind Winter.

He spun around and looked down at the tiny dragonet, then at Moon and Qibli.

"AND WHO ARE YOU??????"