The Confrontation

A/N: This is a continuation of Uh-Oh. I used lots of the ideas given to me, so thank you so much, my loyal followers!!!! Enjoy!

Crescent didn't like this big, cold, mean dragon who was standing in front of him. His voice was loud and sneering. His breath smelled of some meat, which had been frozen. Crescent hated frozen anything, as did his mother, for some reason he couldn't fathom.

Plus he insulted his mommy and Qi-bi. That's just mean.

Crescent hadn't seen his mother in weeks. Sunny was a good caretaker, as was the Outclaws in the nursery. But nothing can replace your mommy.

"MOMMY!!!!" Crescent shrieked at the top of his lungs, swiftly running underneath Winter's talons and wrapping his talons around Moon's leg.

Moon's face became even paler.
"Not now darling," She whispered to Crescent.

Moon stood up and faced Winter, whose face was pure hatred and anger. Her shoulders squared, she pointed to the room next to them. "Let's continue this conversation in that sitting room. Sorry to bother you, my Queen."

Thorn nodded faintly.

Winter cast a scornful glance over his shoulder and he and Lynx stalked off to the room.

Moon put Crescent around her waist. He whimpered as she patted his back. "It's okay, my little dragonet."

With her other talon she took hold of a startled Qibli's talon. He looked at her sharply.

"Let's do this together." She whispered.

//////////////////////////////////////////

Winter couldn't stand still. He wanted answers. He needed them. Now.

As soon as the five of them were in the room, the doors closed, Winter's mouth opened.

"Wwwhhhyyy." He hissed, "Are you here?"

Moon looked him straight in the eyes.

"Because I would be safe here. I would be loved."

Winter drew in a sharp breath.
"I loved you!" Lynx jabbed him in the side. He glared at her, then continued. "And you were safe in the Ice Kingdom. So tell the truth."

"Safe from what?" Moon shot back. "Safe from the rest of the tribes? Safe from 'peasants'? Safe from the rest of the world? Safe from knowledge? Safe from having dragonets?"

Something clicked inside of Winter's brain.

He stared at Crescent. Crescent whimpered and hid his face from Winter. Crescent's body surely resembled a Nightwing, but something... something was definitely Icewings about him.

Crescent felt eyes stared at him, picking him apart piece by piece, like a puzzle. He picked his head off of Moon's chest.

His eyes were blue.

The blue pierced into Winter's soul.

"He-he-he..... HE IS MY SON!!!"
With that Winter lunged and grabbed Crescent out of Moon's arms.

Two bone-rattling shrieks followed this action.

Winter tried to hold onto Crescent, who was wiggling and hitting Winter in the face.

"Cut it out!" He yelled at the dragonet. He shook him.

Falling.

Falling.

Falling.

Crescent felt like the ground was a mile below him. He let out one last scream.

And fell onto warm, yellow scales.