A Little Backstory...

"Mommy!" Crescent shrieked as he rolled around on the camel-skin blanket as Moon tickled him. Moon laughed at his little giggles.

Moon and Crescent had been in Queen Thorn's palace for about 3 weeks, in scavenger time. Qibli was able to get them their own small apartment, right next to his. Crescent enjoyed living in the sand kingdom. He had become famous within the outclaws and Queen Thorn's court. In Moon's opinion, they greatly spoiled him. But she didn't mind, at least not that much. He deserved a good childhood, in her mind. She wanted him to enjoy everything she never got, hidden away in the rainforest.

Qibli was delighted that Moon and Crescent were staying in the Sand Kingdom. Right next door, even! He had missed her tremendously when she left for the Ice Kingdom. He still remembered the exact conversation they had had:

" I know what your thinking, Qibli." She has said, touching him on the forehead. " I know how you feel. And I'm sorry, but I don't think I feel the same way. Maybe if Winter hadn't asked first, I might feel differently. I hope we can still be friends though. Promise you will keep in touch?"

He swallowed hard. " Of course, Moon. We will always be friends. I'll write to you both often." He said as Winter came up and put his wing around Moon. Qibli almost choked on his words.

" I wish the best for both of you."

That was the last time he had talked to Moon face-to-face. A lot had changed in two years. She had married Winter, ran away, had a dragonet, and lived with Turtle and Kinkajou for four months. He had remained at Thorn'a palace, stayed a loyal outclaw, and was still a "Single Pringle ", or however the scavengers said it.

However, he hoped he could change this status.  But it would take time. He knew that.

He was willing to wait for it.