Force Sight - part 4

Alright, the chapter you've all been waiting for - Force Sight, part 4!! Let the chapter COMMENCE!!!

Hera was in the cockpit when the door opened behind her. She didn't bother to turn around; she knew who it was.

(Dramatic first paragraph, hm?)

Kanan came and sat in the co-pilots seat and Ezra sat behind him. Hera sat up and turned to them.

"Everything go good?" She asked. Kanan turned to Ezra and lifted his brow, indicating for him to answer. Ezra tried to ignore him, but it didn't work. Sighing, he turned his left leg, showing it to Hera. Her eyes widened.

"Great Force, what happened?" She immediately jumped off her chair and went to Ezra's side. While she was examining the wrapping around his leg Ezra rubbed his head sheepishly.

"So, we went to the market place, buuut I guess the stormtroopers went first because they kind of met us there. Then there was this big battle, blah blah blah, Tourin blows up one of there speeders, but he forget to tell us, and I was kinda close to it, so the explosion blew me away, then a piece of shrapnel hit me in the leg, I wrapped it up, we sent the bucket heads packing, only one of our people died. Sorry?" He said, at the look of disgust on Hera's face.

"'Blah blah blah'?, really Ezra? You know that's not a complete report. What's got you in a frazzle?"

"Sabine," Kan replies from the corner. Ezra blushed and looked down. Hera nodded knowingly.

"Oh I see. She's fine Ezra. She's doing a lot better. Since I need to rewrap your leg anyway, why don't we go down there now?" Ezra shook his head.

"Yes please!" He replied.  Hera shook her head smiling and held her hand out. Ezra grabbed it eagerly and jumped up. Then he took off, hobbling down the hall. He kept bumping into things and he bumped in the door to his shared room. Zeb came out frowning but smiled when he saw Ezra.

"Hey kid, I see you made it back alive." Ezra grinned.

"I'm going to see Sabine; you wanna come?" Zeb's eyes widened, and he nodded his head. The two raced/hobbled down the hall.

Hera smiled. She felt a hand slip into hers, and she squeezed it.

"How's she doing?" Kanan murmured. Hera turned to him.

"She's good, love. But there is one thing." Kanan raised his brow. He wasn't sure if he liked the confusion he felt coming from Hera.

Hera sighed, her brow furrowed.

"I was talking to Sabine, and she asked me when she became blinded. I told her immediately-as soon as the bolt hit. But then she said that when she first woke up, she could see, but it was from a different angle. She wasn't looking out from her body, but rather at her body. Do you know anything about that Kanan?"

Kanan used his free hand to rub his beard. He replied to Hera only after thinking long and hard.

"Well, what I do know is that Sabine wasn't struck with just any bolt; it was a force bolt. Part of Bendu himself was in that bolt. I'm not sure if he hit her on purpose though, or if he could actually direct his bolts," Kanan fell silent again. Hera couldn't take it, she had to interrupt.

"Kanan," She turned to him and grabbed his other hand. He turned his head towards her.

"Will," She almost couldn't form the words. Kanan gently squeezed her hands, and she exhaled, lips turned slightly up.

"Will she be blind forever?" Kanan sighed. He hated making Hera sad, but he knew he couldn't lie to her. He let go of her hands and pulled her into a hug.