.:Only Family:.

.:Only Family:.

Chapter 8: Only Family

Benji

"Alright guys good practice. Everyone get over here and take a knee. I have some important news." Coach Kipper said as I was just about to throw the ball to Cristian. I ran over and we all spreaded around as his audience.

He exhaled, "We are playing next week in the quarter finals. As you know if we win that means we are in the championship—."

"Coach, not to be snappy but we already know this." Travis said. Coach Kipper added, "I just got off the phone and we are most likley going against the Tally team for Quarter Finals. Which means a trip to Tally. Now WHEN we beat their asses the championship will be against the West Coast District and will be hosted in Rio for four days." Everyone gasped and my eyes lit up.

"This is huge for Napa. Lets get it done. Now I have the starting line for the game next week. Travis as Pitcher. Cristian as Shortstop. The bases will be Mario, Kyro, Coleman, and home plate is Yates. As for the fielders the Derrick's, and Cayman. Everyone else go see the posted list for which string you are." Coach explained and I looked around. I couldnt believe I am starting at second basemen. Coach walked off and Cequis hopped up.

"What the fuck, Coach? Im not starting." He asked.

Coach spun around and replied, "You missed so many practices' you better be lucky I aint kicking your ass off the team." Cequis chuckled and Coach replied, "Also, you are now on Laundry duty for the rest of the season."

"Fuck that!" Cequis snapped as he slammed his glove into the orange dirt. Coach Kipper eyes went wide and Travis stepped in front of Cequis and told him to calm down. I rolled my eyes and walked off towards the locker room. We havent spoken in a few days since that kiss at the Napa Gala. I went in and went over to my locker. I unlocked and grabbed my bag as the team filed in.

"This some bullshit!" Cequis snapped.

"Bro, you havent been here..to be fair." Cristian added. Cequis stated, "Well if I leave you guys will be fucked, so please dont piss me off right now Cris. Its friday and Im going to the city. This was suppose to be a perfect weekend." He explained as he grabbed his bag and left out. Kojo walked over next to me and opened his locker.

"Aye, we doing a Keg Party—."

"Not going. Thanks though." I told him quickly. Dont wanna be around Travis no more than I have to. I threw my bag over my arm and walked out of the school and into the parking lot. I got in my car and put my bag in the backseat. I rode into town and my stomach growled. Its friday and Lucy Palace sounds so good right now. I can taste that orange chicken. I pulled in and went into the drive-way. I fucking stink. It was two cars in front of me. I called my mom and asked did she want anything.

"Yes. Just get the family plan and remember Your Dad and I want to talk to you tonight." She told me for the fifth time today. I know whats coming and I am just ready to rip the band-aid off. I told her okay and pulled up and ordered my food. Just as I paid and grabbed my food...my phone started ringing. If it was my mom again I was going to kill her.
It was Travis. What the fuck? Why the fuck is he calling me?

"What?" I said monotone as fuck.

"Where are you? Did you make it to the house?" He asked frantically.

"No. Im at Lucy Palace. Why?" I asked.

"My tire blew on Ole Dales road. I remember you had a jack in your trunk. I need it." He told me and I exhaled, "Ill be there in five." Im Petty but its a thin line between that and pathetic. I wont let the man be stranded, but we aint fucking cool.