Chap.12

Cake POV:

I was at the treehouse, cooking spaghetti when Bubba brought home a crying Fionna. I looked at Gumball, but he just looked away with his fists clenched. What happened? I pulled Gumball outside, and demanded for an explanation.

"Marshall is back. And he brought his fiancee with him."

My eyes widened at that. What fiancee?! Last time I checked, he was with my sister. And now he's got himself a fiancee?! He better not show his face to me, I'll really claw his face off. How dare he?! I tried controlling my anger.

"Do you- do you know about this, Bubba?"

"No. I only found out now."

"Well, anything else?"

"Yeah. His fiancee asked us for a double date." He replied, his tone laced with anger. I found myself smiling evilly.

"When, Bubba?"

"Tuesday night, 7pm. At the Candy Kingdom. Cake, what are you up to?"

"Prepare yourself. I'll show that vampire what he just lost." I said then pulled him inside. "Honey, can you comfort Fionna for me? I'll make her a dress." He nodded and rushed to Fionna. I took out my sewing machine then proceeded to make her dress.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fionna POV:

It's already Tuesday, geez! I was so busy with adventures that I totally forgot about what to wear. I even saw Ashley a couple of hours ago im the Candy Kingdom.

Flashback:

I was heading to the palace to give Butterscotch Butler some supplies she needed when I felt somebody poke me. I turned around to see a smiling Ashley.

"Hey Fionna! What'cha doing here huh?" She asked in a overly cheerful tone.

"I was heading to the palace, I'll be dropping something there. And you?"

"Oh me? I was buying some essentials. Marshall didn't come with me today, saying he's sick of his ex or something like that." She mumbled the last sentence with a wicked streak in her voice. I saw jealousy in her eyes which was changed into cheerfulness, but I decided to ignore that.

"Oh." Was the only thing I could say. She laughed.

"Huh. You know what? I'm happy Marshall's mine again. At least he wouldn't end up with a feeble mortal like you. He never even loved you because he loves me." She said with a sneer.

"Do I look like I care? At least I don't cling to him and act so flirty." She was about to slap me when Butterscotch Butler showed up.

"Ms. Fionna, the prince is waiting for you. And as for you, your power could get binded if you lay a finger on her." BB said steely as I give her her needed supplies. Her intimidating aura and stare caused Ashley to flinch. She then recovered and she was back to her girly and annoying attitude.

"I was just about to tell her to don't forget about the double date later!" She whined before giving me a glare then left.

"Thanks, BB."

"No problem. The prince told me that he'll go fetch you later at..." She trailed then looked at her watch. "Six thirty, Ms. Fionna. Well, I'll be going now. Enjoy your date later." She then smiled before leaving.

Oh glob! It was already five fifteen! I slammed the door open and rushed upstairs.

"Girl! Where are have you been?! Hurry up! You only have less than two hours!" Cake screamed.

"I-I don't have a dress..." I muttered. When did I start to get fussed about this matter?

"You have one! Now hurry up!" Then I was pushed to the bathroom. I took the quickest shower possible, then went to the bedroom. Cake went inside with something.

"Babycakes, here you go. Call me when you're done dressing up." She said then left. I removed the cover from the thing she brought and whoa! It was stunning. It was a baby blue off shoulder dress that stops above the knee. The dress has a dark blue ribbon below the bust area, and starts to flow above my knees. I tried it on, and it looks perfect on me. Cake went in after a few minutes. She just braided a piece of my hair to the side, then applied natural makeup. I wore a beige doll shoes that has a little wedge. Gumball then picked me up after a few minutes.

"Fionna?"

"Yeah?"

"You look stunning."

"Oh, you too." I told Gumball. He was not wearing his princey outfit. He wore a pink button down sweater with white shirt and a black bowtie, and black capri pants. His shoes was gray slip-ons. His hair was still combed perfectly, and his crown was still there.

"You look cool, Gumball."

"Oh, not really. BB helped me pick this outfit. But thanks." He said with a smile.

We talked a little while we're heading to the Candy Kingdom. He then led me into some long roads  before stopping at a fancy restaurant. A candy guard was about to block the entrance but stopped when he saw who I was with. The guard smiled then let us in. Inside the restaurant was fancy people. I even saw Flame Prince with a fire girl, with flame shield of course. We smiled at each other. We walked a little more until we found where Ashley and Marshall was. I looked at Gumball, who was already looking at  me. His kind smile became a little playful.

"Fionna, are you ready for the worst date ever in your life? Because I am."

And I nodded.