Chap.8

Marshall Lee POV:

I woke up to find myself hugging Fionna on the couch. Memories of what happened yesterday returned. I checked the window only to find out it was already day. I quickly shied away from the daylight.

"M-Marshall?" Fionna asked. I kissed her on the forehead.

"Morning, bunny." I said with a grin. She punched me on the shoulder lightly.

"I take that as a good morning too." I said.

"What are we going to have for breakfast then?" She asked me. Oh glob, I forgot about that. Hmm...

"How about... We go to the strawberry fields first? Sounds cool?" I asked her. She has that poker face for awhile now, and I'm starting to lose it. Until she smiled and said,

"Sure. Let's get ourselves ready and eat, yeah? Because, I'm already hungry."

"Let's eat, then we'll get ready. Help me cook?"

"Sure. Let's get cooking!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're now at the strawberry fields. There were some annoying pixies here trying to make us leave. Gah! These pixies annoy the hell outta me. One pixie was about to hit me until Fionna splitted her into two, the pixie turning into dust afterwards. We killed a couple more before we decided it was enough, then proceeding to fill the basket we brought with strawberries. We left the fields laughing and talking along the way. We raced to the treehouse and as we're about to open the door, Cake was there. I haven't seen her for long eh? Then I suddenly remembered she was supposed to be here, and that it's only been almost a month since she left. And I totally forgot about being Fi's guardian and ended up avoiding then dating Fionna in the process. This cat's gonna kill me!

She looked back and forth at me and Fi, and she's not looking pleased. Uh oh.

"Hey kitty," I said coolly.

"Vampire." She said, with a hint of rage.

"Come inside first, then we can talk." She said before letting me and Fionna in.We settled ourselves on the couch. I'm so nervous! I looked at Fionna, who's just smiling. She took my hand so I just relaxed.

"I'll tell your sister about us, okay?" I told Fionna. She nodded. Fionna was about to say something to me when Cake entered the room and went to us. She was now standing in front of us.

"Marshall Lee Abadeer, The Vampire King and the Heir of the Nightosphere, what's going on?" She asked. I can tell she's a little angry because she mentioned my titles. I was getting nervous. But I have to tell her, 'cause I want to show her that I'm serious about Fi.

"We're dating." I told Cake calmly. Whew! Glad I managed to say that without getting scared or sounding nervous. I looked at the cat, and she was just staring at us.

"I-I'm serious about your sister. I love her so much."

I was about to say something again when she went to me and grew larger. She was trying to claw my face now! Fionna immediately grabbed Cake and tried stopping her.

"Let me go, Fionna! Is this true?! What did this vampire did to you! Did he force you into dating him?! Since when were you dating?! Does he really love you or is it just a deal?! What about Gumball? I thought you like the pink prince!" Cake yelled.

"I-It's okay, Cake. It's true. He asked me to be his girlfriend yesterday, and I said yes. And yeah, me and Gumball tried dating. It just never worked out because I like Marshall."

Fionna said calmly. Cake loosened up a bit to Fionna but glared at me.
"Are you, really, really serious about my sister, Marshall Lee?" Cake asked me.

"Yes, I am. I love her." I said to Cake.

She looked tensed a bit before relaxing and said:

"I trust you, vampire. You have my blessings. Just remember that if you hurt her, I won't hesitate to claw your face off. You got that?"

I gave a salute to Cake before hugging her and saying thanks. She just shook her head but smiled.

"Fionna, dear, I wish you to be happy with him. Call me if he tried hurting you, okay?" Cake told her baby sister. Fionna just looked at me, smiled, then nodded at her sister.

"So, guess I'll go home." I said to Fionna.
"Wha? Really?" She asked with a frown. I chuckled at her cuteness then kissed her forehead.

"You should spend time with Cake, Fi. She just got here, and I think it's best if you two have fun." I told her.

"Will you come back later?"

"Of course I will. I'll see you later, okay?"

"Yeah. Bye, Marshall!" She said before kissing me on the cheek. I left them and headed straight to my house.

As soon as I was home, I headed straight to my room and laid on my bed. I was just beginning to relax when I heard my phone ring downstairs. I picked it up when it showed Gumball's face.

"Yo, Gummy. Waddup?" He sighed loudly on the phone.

"Marshall Lee. Take care of Fionna okay?"

"Whoa, what's that all about? Of course I'll take care of her! Why?"

"I'll tell you soon enough. For the meantime, I'll try preventing any mishaps. Catch ya later." Then he hung up.

What now?