Chap.2

Marshall Lee POV:

'I want you to be my girlfriend.'

Ugh.

Dang it! When I heard those words I wanna punch that gumwad in the face. I felt really jealous, and annoyed.

Wanna know why? I love Fionna. I've always loved her. She's my favorite human, y'know? And that gumwad used to be my best friend, until he started to avoided me. And now, he was trying to get Fionna. My Fionna.

When I'm with her, it's just so hard to keep my cool. But it's okay since I make her laugh. I don't know why I'm like this. I just woke up one day finding her so beautiful and adorable. Gah! Now I'm being sappy.

My thoughts were interrupted by Fionna. Oh, I was busy thinking of her that I didn't realize they became silent. Then I heard gumwad.

"It's okay Fionna to not answer me today. I'll give you time to think about it, yeah? And I'll court you."

"Uh, sure Gumball."

I looked at them. Gumball was holding Fionna's hand. Why did I even followed them secretly if I know I'll get hurt? 'Cuz right now, I'm hurt. Damn hurt.

I floated out of the room stealthily. That room is too much pink, I swear. I gotta find Cake. That kitty might get mad at me. So I searched for Cake only to find out from BB she was with Mochro. Guess I'll have to wait for Fionna then. I found a corner to rest on. Then with my axe bass, I played a tune.

After that, I was getting damn bored. I decided not to wait for her until her bunny ears showed.

"Marshall? Marshall! You still here?"

She asked. Oh yeah, I forgot. I turned visible again and she was running over to me, with a happy face. What the? Awhile ago she has that blank face when gumwad confessed. What happened there when I left? Oh geez, I'm so curious. I wanna find out.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So here we are, Fionna and me. We were heading out of the Candy Kingdom without Cake. She told us she'll be with Mochro, and won't come back until after dinner. And I'm supposed to be Fionna's guardian. Gumwad wants to have lunch with Fionna but with me as her guardian, he took back the offer.

I was itching to know what they talked about. Glob. Are they dating now? Will they get married? What about me? Oh dear.

"Hey Fionna."

"Marshall Lee! Waddup?"

"You and gumwad dating now? How about your poor ol' friend of a vampire king?" I asked with a fake hurt tone. She laughed off.

"Gumwad huh?" Then she laughed harder. Then I found myself laughing with her. I joked and we badmouthed Gumwad until we were at the treehouse.

"Okay enough jokes. I'll tell you when we get inside." Fionna said with a blank expression. Huh?

Once we're inside the phone ring. Fionna told me to sit on the couch. After a few moments she followed suit. "So what did happened Fionna? You dating him now 'cuz you like wimps? I  asked.

"Dude, stop calling him bad names. I'm so confused! He said he'll court me, and I don't know. I feel happy but sad at the same time. Happy because he finally liked me. Sad because, there's something holding me back." She said slowly.

"What did you ever saw in that wad anyway? Is it because he asks you to do his errands?" I said, mocking and a hint of sneer evident in my voice. Oh glob, I saw her face contort in anger with a hint of surprise. "Don't you ever call him a wad Marshall." She spat out.

"You're one to talk! You're laughing when I said that before right?! Who you kidding Fionna? Besides that was a joke! Geez, you're so sensitive when you act like that". I lost control that time. I noticed tears were forming in her eyes.

"I-I'm sorry Fi. I didn't mean to..."

"Yeah you're right. I laughed at your jokes about PG, so I'm not supposed to get mad. But did you know what you said about me hurt? That coming from you especially, it really hurts. I know I sounded stupid, but do you have to rub it in the face, Marshall? I don't care if he's a wimp bceause I'm happy. Can't you be happy for me?" She asked while fighting her tears back.

"I'm really sorry, Fionna."

"It's- it's okay. I'm sorry you have to see me like this. I just-" she stammered. I hugged her before she could finish her sentence. That's when she started to cry harder.

"Hush, Fi. I'm really sorry-"

"What did you just call me?"

"Fi. Is it bad? I'll just-"

"Nah. I like that nickname."

That's my cue to blush. Oh glob, I can't believe it! Me, the bad boy Vampire King! Blushing over a cute phrase! But who cares, right? Am I not allowed to love someone huh?
My thoughts were interrupted when Fionna stopped crying. She's really cute.

"What can I do to help ya, Fionna?"

"Hmm. Lemme think... Stay here for the night."

I blinked my eyes. I stared at her in shock. "Does Cake know about this?" She nodded. "Okay then," I said. She smiled at me brightly, then threw me our favorite movie, the Heat Signature series. We searched for BMA and once we found her, we popped the first movie in her. Then we watched.

Once the movie ended, I was about to put Fionna in bed when I realized she's already sleeping. I chuckled and carried her to bed. I was about to go downstairs to sleep on their couch when she tugged at my arm.

"Marshall. Don't go..."

What choice do I have? I slept beside her, and immediately we fell asleep.

And so, the bad little boy fell for the good little girl.