Very own chick flick day

"Why the hell did you even agree to this?" I asked for the nth time in frustration.

"Because, Lucas. That's why." Was Jenna's reply for the nth time. I rolled my eyes as she fixed her high ponytail, then rolled it into a bun; the simplest technique. She decided to wear her neon green T shirt with red jeans, while I stood there in my batman pajamas.
It's Sunday and she's taking me to the Banks' as she promised them.
More like hell to me.

"C'mon, Lucas won't mind your pajamas." She smirked at me, as she tied the laces of her shoes.

"Why did you change, Jenna? I thought you were... not like mom." I said, with puppy eyes.

"Err... I'm nothing like Cathy, she's too... pink." I rolled my eyes again and raised my eyebrow at her to which she replied with, "I want you to not ruin your young life like me."

Now, both of my eyebrows were raised in surprise. Smiling at my reaction, she continued on, "C'mon. I was a bitch too once, though you're nothing compared to me; something I'm really glad of."

"Wow... having flashbacks, Jenna?" My mother piped in. Jenna smirked at her sister and said, "Queen Bee eavesdropping on the bitch, like always." My mother smacked her lightly on her elbow and turned towards me smiling, "Going to Lucas' I see."

"No mother, going to Nathan's." I groaned. I sat on my bad only to be pulled off by Jenna and to have thrown some clothes on my face. I looked down at them to see my blue Smurfs T- shirt and red pants. I smirked as I remembered the day Lucas interviewed me. Stubborn dude.

"What is making you smile like a creepy pedophiliac on some innocent clothes?" Jenna asked, amused.

"Something I won't tell you about, since you changed sides."

**********************

"Oh Hello Candy, finally after a long time we are meeting officially." Karen said as I entered the mansion, then turned around to shake her hand.

"Yep, finally, before the bride-to-be gets busy!" I said trying to strike a conversation, but after looking at Jenna's face, I'm sure I'll always be an awkward and weird girl.

"Of course, so how's your cruel, evil and the worst boss in the world treating you?" She asked, wiggling her eyebrows. I laughed nervously.

She laughed lightly at my reaction and patted me, her gaze shifting towards Jenna who was waiting for me to introduce her, but I just shrugged and stood there, smiling.

"I'm Jenna, Candy's awesome aunt, who she didn't introduce you to being the mannered girl she is." She said, smiling at Karen.

Karen shook her hand saying, "I figured after looking at your attires. Well nice to meet you Jenna, I'm Lucas' and Nathan's older sister, who you've met I heard." Jenna nodded.
"Come on in, girls!" She escorted us towards the living room where Nathan was reading a book. I walked towards a couch and sat opposite to him. He looked up and smiled, "You came!"

I nodded, smiling. "So, what are you reading?"

He placed bookmark in between the pages he was reading and showed it to me.
Gone with the wind.
I nodded at the familiar book I have a copy of at my bookshelf and felt the couch dip towards my right. I turned my head to see the one and only, and facepalmed.
He placed his arm around my shoulder, making me lean forwards in discomfort. Jenna and Karen had joined us, sitting opposite to Lucas.
Way to go, partner.

An awkward silence fell as polar opposites sat in the living room. I fidgeted my phone in my hands, and looked at Lucas who was smiling calmly at everyone, looking like an idiot. Wait, he is one.
Awkwardly awkward situation.
And to say we're adults, ha ha.

"So Jenna, what do you do?" Karen asked, a successful attempt in starting a conversation.

"I'm a dancer, in New York." She said, and continued telling about her dance practices and weird attempts of beginners while doing a routine, making everyone laugh. Soon, Karen and Jenna became the best friends forever, decided to ditch me and went to Karen's room as they discussed the wedding plans, leaving me alone.

Why am I always left alone?
Looking at Nathan, I realized that we didn't spend much time together, or even saw each other much after the lunch we had. And somewhere I felt he was avoiding me, but as he said he was out with friends, so I'll not act like a cliché over-thinking heroin.

"So Nathan, where were you all the time? In some cave?" I chuckled to add to my awkward conversation starter. He smiled at me which soon fell as he looked at Lucas, and said, "Uh, I was at a business trip all the time. Coming and going, yeah."

"And that friend?" I asked, raising my eyebrow. His eyes widened as he remembered what he told me at the party.

"He was there, at the place I went for the meeting, yeah." With that, he gave one look to Lucas and decided to turn on the TV and shift his attention there.

And now I know something's up with Nathan. But am I being to nosy? Yes, yes I am.

"Darling!" Lucas nudged me, getting my attention.

"What?" I barked, then softened my tone. "What?"

"You're at my house and I'm bored, let's do something fun!" He said in a child-like voice feigning enthusiasm. And who would have thought Lucas had a playful side.

"What do you want to do, Lucas?" I sighed.
My conscience screamed something inappropriate.

"Truth or dare!" Karen dived back into the conversation. I shrugged and looked at the others, who were all nodding.
And to say we're adults again...

"I'll get a bottle." Lucas said.
"I'll get some food!" Karen announced, to which I smiled brightly, gaining a snicker from Nathan and Jenna. As we all formed a circle, the sound of the doorbell echoed. Nathan got up to get it as I continued shifting to get into a comfortable position. Noticing very late, I asked Karen, "Where are your parents?"

She laughed, "They're out of town, it was their anniversary so you get the point." She winked in the end.

I looked at my left to see a familiar face, of course her black hair with blue streaks gets everyone's attention. I quickly jumped up and greeted her, "Hey Sam!"

She looked at me with the same smile and hugged me, "Hello Candy." We broke apart and I raised at eyebrow questioning myself who had invited her?

"Nathan invite me." She said answering my thought. Rude and smooth, Candy.

I looked at Nathan who was scratching the back of his neck while staring at the TV, which was actually turned off.
"Hmmm... Glad to see you here, bud." I said as she joined us in our circle.

"Truth or Dare, really?" She chuckled and shook her head, gaining nods and smiles from all of us.
As everyone sat down to wait for Lucas, I texted Sam,
Nathan and you, way to make me feel out of loop dude.

She felt her phone buzzing and took it out, and immediately blushed, shaking her head at me.
He came to the shop once or twice, and the third time invited me here. Nothing else, 'dude'.

I smiled at her, and Jenna spun the bottle. It landed on Karen who was asked to sing a Justin Bieber's song. Jenna had to dance on 'talk dirty to me', Nathan had to tell his most embarrassing moment which was: he proposed a girl in front of everyone, but she rejected him saying he was too naïve.
That made everyone sad, Nathan is a sweet guy and the sweet guy always doesn't get what he wants.

Sam was asked to kiss the hottest person in the room on the lips, and of course Nathan got lucky. And as I was trying to avoid looking at them, Lucas nudged me and whispered, "That could be us." I muttered, "Idiot." And spun the bottle. It landed on Lucas who was asked to tell about the last person he flirted with. I froze, and Karen's eyes met mines. She smirked mischievously, indicating that she did it on purpose.

"Oh no one else, just our very own Candy Rose Lockwood." I huffed as he grinned at me and kissed my cheek in front of everyone while I sat there, staring at him. I wiped the place on my cheek showing irritation and waited for the bottle to stop again. It now stopped at me.

"Candy, I'm really craving for your ice coffee. Go to the kitchen, woman. That's your dare." Jenna patted my back. I groaned, as Lucas muttered, "Could've used the dare in something nice for me."

Shut up conscience.

I got up but was quickly jerked back as Lucas shouted, "No! She makes the worst coffee!"
I smirked as I got up again and started walking in the direction of the kitchen, saying, "C'mon Lucas, I know you liked it."

"Are we missing something?" Karen, Nathan and Jenna asked as Sam snickered.

"Ask the idiot." I muttered and entered the kitchen. I looked around the cabinets and shelves, thinking to ask for help. Before I could turn, Lucas wrapped his arms around me and smiled cheekily, "Need help?"

"Help and personal space." I whisper-shouted. He rolled his eyes and released me, leaning against the shelf. Catching my glare, he asked me what ingredients I wanted. I started listing them and he placed them on the shelf.

"Cool. Now you're not wanted. Go and eat someone else's brain."

"I wonder why I was starving here..." He said, earning a smack from me.

"Do you still not take me seriously?" He groaned. I turned around and faced him, "I need you to answer a question."

"If you wanna see me naked, all you have to do is ask."

"Did you just quote Damon?" I asked, surprised he actually knew about that line.

"Uh, Pfft. No." He said, and I smirked.

"Shoot."

"Has Nathan been avoiding me?" His eyes went wide at my question.

"I want you to answer it truthfully." I warned him. He sighed and nodded.

"Why?"

He scratched the back of his neck and looked around then replied, "I asked him to."

"Why?" I asked, half pissed and half curious.

"I answered two questions."

"Why?" I asked stubbornly.

"I don't want to die." He told me, biting his lip. My nose scrunched up from the left, making a really unattractive face.

"IThoughtHeWasGonnaTakeYouBeingTheGoodGuyHeIs." He stated quickly and decided to run for the door but I grabbed his shoulder and yanked him back.
"You understood it?" He asked, worried.

"Yes." I seriously didn't know what to feel about it. A part of me was really happy and jumping that Lucas thought he wouldn't be able to get my attention with Nathan in the picture, but the other part was pissed, screaming how had he the right to remove people from my life.

"Candy-" He said but I cut him off by giving him a peck on the lips. He stared at me, confused and shocked, Of course, who in their right minds would expect a kiss after a stupid mistake? And I don't know why I did that, because my following words begged to differ my decision.

"That was for telling the truth, and now I'll tell you one. I don't like you, Lucas. You can't just ask a person to avoid me afraid that they'll be more of my priority than you! I feel like im in a chick flick now." I chuckled at him.

"But I like you Candy, I really do. And I know it was stupid, asshole and a douche of me but, I'm a klutz?" He chuckled again.

"Go join the others, I'll make the coffee. And I'm your assistant only, I'll do my job. You can't force yourself on me." I said in monotone.

He left, muttering something he needs to prove.