Sweet Punishment

I decided to pay a visit to Sam as I was in a rush in the morning.
Or maybe I didn't want to face Lucas' little tantrum...

"Hey Candy! What's up?" Sam smiled at me. Sam is really friendly, and a great company. But I still don't know how to reply to a 'what's up?'

I simply told her about my little act towards Lucas, and she couldn't stop laughing.
"Girl that is... wow, just wow!" She said between her laugh. I chuckled at her and looked around the shop. And then my gaze settled on Lucas, aprroaching the shop.

What a coincidence...

His hands were balled into fists, and he was approaching at a fast pace. His smirk, which showed that he has something planned in his mind, never left his face. His jacket was pushed back due to the wind.

I still find him attractive when he's probably coming to chop my head off.

I quickly turned around to face Sam, who was staring at Lucas with wide eyes. I squealed and started biting my nails. I had that awkward tingly feeling inside me rising.

Wait for it... wait for it... wait for it....

"Hello sweetheart..." He said in his deep voice. I could feel his presence behind me, real close. Gathering my breath, I turned around to face him. Smiling to sweet for my liking, he winked at me and wrapped his arm around my waist, making me wince at his touch.

Too sweet, too dangerous.

"Sweetheart, what's with the constipated look?" He said in the same tone. I at his insulting remark, smiled at him which didn't reach my eyes.

To say I'm scared is an understatement.

He pulled me closer to him and removed a strand of hair that was covering my face, or I was hiding behind. "Sweetheart, I think I want to talk to you, real bad. It can't wait... It'll need privacy..."
He then winked at me and said to Sam, "Thank you for giving my hobo some company. She needs to see people, and interact, or else she throws sodas on people."

My hobo, again.

Samantha just stared at him wide eyed. Lucas turned around, carried me in bridal style and started walking out towards the building.
Seriously, is he doing that?

"Hey! It's quite awkward ya know! People are staring and even I'm not comfortable! Put me down you stinky something!"

Raising an eyebrow, he asked, "Stinky something?"

"Put me down. Now." I said in a warning tone.
And guess what?
I fell on the concrete hurting my back. He dropped me.
"Jeez, thanks!" I said as I rubbed my back. He just gave me that 'Gentleman like' smile and started advancing towards the building. I waited for him to notice my absence or look behind to see if I'm following. Nope, he's going without a care. Rolling my eyes, I started following him.
Reaching his office, I peeped in to see him sitting normally in his chair behind his large desk.

"Stop stalking sweetheart, come in."

Embarrassed, I entered the room looking around awkwardly and waved at him. He simply nodded with a flat expression. He got up from his chair and nodded at me, telling me to sit there.

My eyebrows rose, as I tried to understand his strategy. I pointed at his chair and at myself, looking at him. He copied me and pointed at the chair and then at me.

"Hobo." He muttered.

I shook my head, sensing danger. He rolled his eyes and pushed me towards the chair, forcing me to sit. I sat there and stared at him wide eyed as he opened his cupboard and placed bundles of files on the desk. I stared at him continuously. Irritated by the jacket, he put it off and continued taking out some more files. My gaze fixated on his muscles bulging from his shirt.

What's with handsome men wearing tight shirts?

He caught me staring at him and I looked away quickly.
"Stalk and stare as much as you want sweetheart. I'm all yours." I could hear the smirk in his voice.

Wait what?

Before my mind could comprehend what he said, he cupped my cheeks and kissed the corner of my lower lip. I just sat there staring at him with my mouth hanging open.

"Shut your mouth or I know an other type of kiss too." He stated with another smirk.

What is happening?

He says I'm his hobo, he says he's all mine, he kisses me and offers the 'other type'.
Not that I'd reject...

"Snap out of your daze sweetheart." He said and pointed at all the papers and files infront of me.
"Here's your first, real task of being my assistant. Stamp the papers." I looked at all the files and the piles of papers, and looked back at him.

Pointing at the stamp pads and stamps he said,"The pages which have headings are to be stamped with the red one, while the others with green. Do your work now. You're not leaving before you do it."

I looked at the clock and back at him. It's 5 pm already and my pack-up is at 6, and this work will take 5 -6 hours.

"Don't worry sweetheart. I'm here, with you." He winked at me and continued, "Obviously I won't help you. I'm gonna play and kill time."

I gave him a glance and sighed heavily.

I guess I deserved it.

*****************************************

My hand was really tired of stamping now and half of the papers were still left. I looked at Lucas to find him taking selfies.

"Selfies?" I asked, amused.

"Yeah, my fans enjoy them."

I simply snorted at 'fans'.

"Do your work, hobo." With that, he continued taking selfies. I sighed again and started stamping with my left hand. The whole building was empty now and it was 8.
After about a little while, I noticed Lucas coming inside with a tray of Mc Donalds. Placing it on my desk, he gave me a genuine smile and patted my back. He went out and grabbed another and placed it on his coffee table.

How... caring.

Deciding to take a break, I started munching on the fries. I observed him as he ate, his concentration fully on his food.

"Sweetheart, you staring at me is really starting to creep me out." He said while still looking at his food and eating.

I just looked at him again and continued eating.

After we both finished our meals, Lucas came to me and pulled me out of the chair.
"There's still a bunch left..." I said tiredly.
"It's fine. It's getting late now and I know you're tired." He sighed and staring at the ground, he asked me,"Besides, it was a little revenge."

I sighed and replied, "I know, I deserved it anyway. I guess I crossed my limits..." I looked up at him.
How did I end up conversing seriously with this man?

"Can you drive... or want me to drive you home? You're really tired and your hand hurts. Forget the question, I'll drop you."

"My car?"

"Give me the keys, I'll send my chauffeur to drive it back to your home."

"You'll steal it."

He snorted.

*******************************

The drive back home was quite. The silence was a comforting one. I caught Lucas occasionally glancing at me, and vice versa.

When he pulled into my house's driveway, I got out and walked to his window.

He stared at me with one eyebrow raised. I already was feeling sleepy, and my brain thought of the lamest thing to do.

I leaned forward, kissed his cheek and ran into my house and shut the door.

As I sprawled myself on the bed and stared at the ceiling, I couldn't help but think about Lucas' actions towards me.

And his effect on me.

And his kisses.

And my kiss.

What just happened today?

Though my hand hurts like hell, I think I enjoyed stealing glances at Lucas while working.

And the kisses.

What a sweet punishment...