Assist me

I masked my expression simply by furrowing my eyebrows and pressing my lips into a thin line. Walking back to the floor from the building, I noticed Nathan looking at me with an amused expression.

"First day as his assistant, and you're on your chores. Amazing..." He commented and gave me a thumbs up. I winked at him, which morphed his expression into a confused one as his eyebrows shot up.
"Something's gonna happen..." He concluded as I walked past him.

I noticed Barbie 1, scowling at me. To make her jelly, I went to her and asked, "Two sugars, right?"
The look on her face was full of jealousy and hatred. Somehow, seeing that priceless look actually made my day. I looked at the name tag and finally got to know her name, Natalie.

So Natalie is Barbie 1.

I started advancing towards my destination, towards my darling of a boss. Period.

Entering his office, I placed the cup on his table and crossed my arms, glaring at him.
"Oh so sweet of you, Candy!" He cheered and gave me a sly smile. I returned one.

"Is it hot?" He asked, I simply nodded.

"Like me..." He said while licking his lips seductively.

I'm really tired of this man's narcissism.

He slowly picked up the cup and brought it close to his lips, not breaking eye contact. As the cup touched his lips, another sly smirk played onto his lips as he said, "I can't trust you. What if you poison me? No one will be then able to enjoy my charm ya know." He winked,"Why don't you taste it first, I have an intuition babe..." He smirked and placed the cup in front of me.

Clever asshole.

"You really want me to taste it? Like put my lips on it? Like put my saliva in it? Like my germs dude! Germs! Germmmmmmsssss!" I tried to change his mind.

"Sharing of saliva. Same as kissing. Same as sharing a drink. So your choice, a kiss or a sip?" He said while giving me a smug smile.
I have to make my effort pay off. Deciding to be firm for my prank to work, I surrendered.

"Don't drink too much, hobo."

Bringing the cup to my lips, I gave him an another glare as I sipped it.

Tastes like shit.

I really wanted to cough it out or puke, but quickly swallowed it without thinking and gave him a cunning smile.

"Believe me now, master?" I cried in a dramatic high pitched voice.
He gave me an impressed look as he took the cup and drank it. I smirked as his eyes opened wide and his mouth was full of the spoiled drink. He tried to run towards the washroom he had in his office but I quickly sprinted towards it, entered and slammed the door in his face.

There ya go.

He knocked for a little while but knowing me well, he left. After about five minutes waiting in his washroom and making sure he's not ready to spit it on my face, I walked out and sat on the couch, like a boss. At the coffee table, was a magazine placed with Lucas' picture on the front cover. He was wearing all black, his hair messy. He was holding the tip of his collar while smirking seductively.

The man is gorgeous ya know...

I quickly hid the magazine under the other ones, and started looking at the plain walls for something interesting. After about 10 minutes of imagining myself in different scenarios of how I would save the world, Lucas came in and stood in front of me.

If looks could kill, I would have been dead by now.

"Nice one, Sweetheart." He said while glaring at me. His phone buzzed before he turned his bluetooth device on. He talked in his business-dude tone.
Telling me he has to go on a meeting, he asked me to help him put his jacket on.

"What?"

"You're my personal assistant sweetheart! Come on, help me. Natalie used to do that, but now you've replaced her..." He winked.

"I'm no Barbie, okay? It's not my job."

"Just do it!" He ordered while rolling his eyes.

"Fine, Nike! " I quietly went towards his chair and took the jacket, and spread it out for him to put his arms in.

"Now, button it..." He said smirking at me.

"This is no job of a personal assistant asshole! Get a wife." I barked at him.

"Do it or you'll have to sign the contract of staying in this company for another 6 months, and your father will be very happy about it." He warned me.

Wait, another six months?

"And yes you're here for six months. Do your work now." He smirked at me. I simply groaned and keeping a straight face, I buttoned his jacket starting from the second button and putting it in the first hole.

I'm a genius.

As I buttoned the last one, he pulled me into his chest and wrapped his arm around my waist, as my arms were awkwardly on my sides. He trapped me.

I swear he's a ninja.

He leaned into me and whispered in my ear, "You'll face the consequence of that prank, sweetheart..." With that, he kissed the skin under my ear and left looking like an idiot with that stupidly buttoned jacket.

While I stood there, frozen.

***********************************

At the time of lunch break, I quietly toured the whole building. As I passed Nathan's office, I saw Barbie 2 sitting on his lap and smiling weirdly. Nathan was just rolling his eyes, trying to get her off.

Deciding not to be a creepy stalker, I walked away, thinking of Lucas in that meeting with that jacket on made me really happy. But he's gonna do something for a little revenge, for sure.

Bring it on, darling.