Beautiful

Everything was grand. The floor was carpeted in the lightest shade of ivory. The walls were beige with a floral pattern. A large chandelier was hanging from the ceiling. My eyes fell on the 50 inch flat screen which was placed in front of the King sized bed. Opposite to the bathroom, was a glass door covered by one side of curtain. I moved forward to see that the glass door lead to a balcony, which showed the beautiful view of New York City.

In short, everything screamed luxury.

But something else caught my attention. Why didn't;t I notice it before? There were rose petals scattered on the carpet as well as on the bed which had bed sheets of bright red.

"Oh my god! How romantic Lucas!" I said in a highly pitched voice, just to annoy him. He simply rolled his eyes at me and threw off his shoes and jacket. I did the same.
Our luggage was already placed in the corner of the room.

"I'm going for a shower." Lucas muttered.
"Good. You stink anyway." He shot me a glare and entered the bathroom. As he closed the door, I breathed a sigh of relief. Taking in my surroundings, I opened my suit case and started placing my clothes in one side of the cupboard.

Tees, Tees, Tees.
Jeans, Jeans, Jeans.

After placing all my clothes in the cupboard, I plopped down on the bed and looked through the glass door which lead to the balcony.

Mental note: Go there when not being my lazy self.

I took the remote and turned the televison on. I finally found "How I met your mother" playing and settled on it.

I love Barney Stinson.

To my right was placed a box of chocolates in a heart shape. On the top of it was attached a tag that read, "Feeding the other with your hand increases the love." I snorted and opened the box and started shoving the chocolaty goodness in my mouth.
I glanced at the clock, it was 7pm. Sprawling myself on the bed, I sighed again. Lucas brought me here for 4 days. I have to share a room with Lucas for 4 days. 4 freaking days!

On hearing the sound of a door opening, I looked at my left to see Lucas walking out of the bathroom, with a towel wrapped around his waist. A wave of steam escaped the bathroom, making him look like he walked straight out of a movie. My gaze fell on his hair, from where the water was dripping. He had combed his hair backwards and his eye lashes were covered with drops of water.

Did I saying I'm trying to avoid looking at his bare chest?
Surrendering, I stole a look at his bare chest. Ofcourse, it had the perfect abs and a toned skin.

Muscles, muscles everywhere.

I looked back at his face to find him smirking.
"Like what you see?" He teased.
"No." I lied quickly.

"Liar." He sang as he made his way towards his suit case. He sat down and opened his bag, as I gazed at his bare back. Muscles, muscles again.

"Do you go to gym?" I blurted, then regretted it. He turned to me with an amused smirk and flexed his biceps, showing them to me. "I do. They need hard work you know." He said and winked at me.

Bare chested Lucas + Wink + Muscles = Candy's drooling a river.

My stomach did a jump. But I ignored him as I tried hard to concentrate on what I was watching. He took his clothes and went back to the bathroom. I finally let go of a breath I was holding in.

I need air.

Opening the sliding glass door, I stepped out into the balcony. I smiled as the cold air fanned me. Leaning over, I took in the beauty of the New York Times Square. I always adored this place whenever I came. It's just, attractive.

And then I remembered to call my mother, who was too excited to see me going out of the house with Lucas. Sometimes I think she just wants me out, because she didn't even ask me where I was going. She already likes Lucas a lot, I don't see why. Okay I see why but, whatever.

He is attractive...

Shaking my head, I dialled my mother's number and waited for her to pick up the phone. Her cheery voice welcomed me.

"Hello! Candy! How's Lucas?"

I rolled my eyes and stated, "And here I thought I'm your daughter."

"Right right I know. It's just that you annoy him, and he's still an angel towards you."

My eyes widened at her statement as I retorted, "Mom he annoys me more than I annoy him!"

"Okay calm down. So what's up?"

As I was about to reply, I felt warm air fan my neck. I turned around to see Lucas, in a black tight fitted shirt and black jeans. His hands were holding the railing, pinning me. His hair was still wet, one strand falling on his eyebrow. His lips were full, pink. His cheekbones, wow. And the perfect jaw bone...I looked back at him and raised an eyebrow.

He simply shrugged, not letting me go.

"Candy? Are you there? I can hear your fast breathing... Are you guys-"

"Nothing Mom and no. I got to go. Bye, see ya!" I said as I ended the call. Placing my phone back in my pocket, I crossed my arms and stared back into his own piercing emerald orbs.

He remained silent. Smirking at me coolly, he didn't break the eye contact.
That's when I realized he was leaning closer. He stole a kiss from me, which made my legs wobble.
"You're blushing, sweetheart." He told me as he removed a strand of hair that was falling carelessly on my face. I looked at the ground, feeling vulnerable. My body heated under his gaze as I felt conscious of each breath I took.

"You're beautiful." He whispered again.

No one ever called me that before.

He cupped my face and kissed me thoroughly, and passionately. I didn't take time to react, as I kissed him back. I felt a rush of emotions inside me. Happines, excitement and mystery. He grabbed me from my waist and pressed me closer to him, while I smiled during the kiss. I enjoyed it, and ignored the thoughts that started invading my mind regarding Natalie, and him being a player.

I felt greedy.

As we pulled back and panted heavily, we looked in each others eyes. Finding ourselves in our own, new world. He smiled at me sweetly, and hugged me. His gesture made me feel that I'm not his play toy, but someone special he engulfed in his arms. The heat from his body radiated to mine, and I felt safe in his arms.

I felt special.
I felt... loved.

And it all happened to me, being me. Not by pretending what I'm not. Being the rude, tomboyish and awkward girl, I still felt special being me.

I don't know how this happened, but Lucas made me happy.

And I'm too stubborn to accept it. I know it.

No matter how much I like him, he's an asshole. An asshole I like.