Chapter 20

Sorry for the late, upload. I know I suck. Okay. :/ Anyway, hope you enjoy this short chapter, just wanted to give yous omething small and simple before I actually got back into uploading :D ENJOOY

The phone shook in my hands as I breathed in and out. How would he react to this, he'll kill me, he'll yell, he'll probably go on this long speech about how I cant let my team down. I knew I couldnt. Not to sound like a bitch, but I know I'm the best player on the team, I know that without me my team would die (loose), I knew without me, these last two games would get us nowhere and we wouldnt make it to the championships.

"Hello?"

"Hi." I stuttered, rubbing my hand up and down my face as I was still in so much pain, my ankle was turning a purple color, and I knew it was either seriously spranged or broke, either way, I needed to go the hostpital after this.

"Whats wrong?" Coach asked, sounding a bit concerened. I couldnt help but let out another shaky breath.

"I...I wont be able to play tonight."

"What? Why?"

"I fell...my brother and his friends think I broke my ankle. I mean, it's really swollen, and purple. And I know there's something wrong, I cant even put any pressure on it. I feel horrible, Coach. I fucked it up, big time. I know I have, you dont have to sugar coat it. I fucked it up. I havent been working hard enough at practice, being lazy, my attitude sucks, and this how it ends up. I fuck up my ankle, which means I fuck up our chances in championships. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry,-"

"Hey, Kathleen calm down." He says, his voice soft and easy, I didnt realise that I was crying, and let me tell you, I wasnt a crier. I cant remember the last time I cried. But you make not understand how much basketball means to me, how it feels to know that your team didnt make it to championships because it was your fault, "Yeah, you fucked up, whatever you were doing, you probably shouldnt have been doing in the first place. But right now, our team can handel it. We might loose, but what matters the most is that our best player gets to the hostpital as fast as she can so she can get fixed and come play back on the court. Dont get me wrong, after you healed, your ass will be doing a lot of running. But you need to go see a doctor, dont want them to chop it off."

I laughed a little at his last statement, wiping away a tear, "Thanks."

"It's alright, just go get fixed up, we'll be fine. I have to go meet the girls, do you think you'll be able to come to the game tonight though? Just to support?"

I shook my head, knowing he couldnt see me anyway, "No."

"Okay, well...get hospitalized, and I'll talk to you later." With that the phone went dead. I know my Coach. I've known him for seven years, I know when hes annoyed but hiding it because he feels bad, thats exactly how he's feeling right now. Sighing, I dropped my phone on the couch and wiped away a few stray tears that spilled down my cheeks.

"Does it hurt?" Looking up, Erik stood there watching me with concern. I nodded and looked away, my hair falling in my face, "Come on." Erik said picking me up easily , I clung to him, resting my head on his chest, as I clenched my jaw.

"Should we all go?" Kaydens voice rang.

"No, me and Erik can go. You and Jake should just keep the fort down and safe. We'll call and keep taps." Andrew said, I heard a door opening as I closed my eyes.

--

"So basically she just has a horrible spranged ankle and a small crack but she just needs to stay off of it, we'll give her this brace to wear everyday and a certain one to wear to bed. These are her medicines." The doctor explained, I'd just recently woken up from a nap driving here, so I was still kind fo fazed as to what was going on. I was only half listening to the doctor as I stared lazily at the nasty green colored 'bed' that is always found in a hospital room.

"Does she has to use crutches?" Erik asked.

"No, the brace she wears during the day can be walked on, though she should use crutches with those, the night one is not to be walked on at all. So basically yeah she'll need the crutches but not really."

"Is there anything else we should no."

"Obviously no physical activity, she needs lots of rest, take the medicine in the morning afternoon and before she sleeps. If there's anything else please give me a call." The Dr. smiled, as he bent down to strap on my brace, which happened to be the night one since it was night out and I'd be going to sleep soon. Handing Andrew the day brace, and medicine, I grabbed the crutches and walked out without a word, I heard soft apolgozies coming from Erik, but I honestly didnt even care. I wasnt in the mood.

I know it was a serious sprang with a small break and there should be nothing to worry about, that I should be acting like this. But I feel so bad, so hurt that I've let my team down, so sad that I wont be able to do the one thing I love and enjoy, so disapointed and frustrated with myself that I no longer have control, and slightly annoyed because the boys will be on my ass this while time about taking care of me.

Yes it was short, I already said that, it was really just a filler. Hopefully tomorrow's will be massive better! Already got a few ideas!

SO COMMENT if your happy I finally uploaded

And VOTE if your ready for the next chapter (: *should be posted later on tomorrow*