Chapter 12

Chapter 12

I turn of the vacuum, “So why are we cleaning so much?”

Andrew groans and leave to the bathroom, obviously annoyed with all my questions, Kayden’s running around trying to get everything clean, while Eric sprays glass cleaner on the coffee table.

“Jake’s parents are coming by to see how he’s doing. They do this every year randomly.” Eric answers me.

“Then why is everybody freaking out?”

“Because Jakes parents are-“

“Crazy, insane, proper, professional, anymore?” Jake asks walking in with a broom in his hand.

“No, but thank you for your adjectives.” Eric smiles, I can’t help but roll my eyes.

“So…what’s the big deal?”

“You’ll find out when you meet them.” Jake says as he walks into the kitchen and begins cleaning.

XOXOX

“Hurry up Leen!” Andrew shouts from downstairs, I’m in a red summer dress that stops middle thigh. My hair is in a side ponytail, with a brown head band on, and my make-up is natural. I add some lip gloss quickly before shoving my feet in some brown flip flops.

“I’m coming!” I shout. I run down the stairs and see all the boys checking the house. Their in khaki’s with different colored polo’s, Andrew is wearing a red one (go figure), Eric is wearing a green one, Jake is wearing a black one and Kayden is wearing a baby blue.

“To much?” I ask, Eric shakes his head.

“No, just fine.”

“Yeah, you should have been here when they came last time and my girlfriend spent the day. She was wearing jeans and a nice top, they flipped.” Kayden says waving his hands all graphic like. I nod and hurry into the kitchen, since its lunch time we decided to have bread rolls and a proper salad with baked fish. You wouldn’t believe who made this.

Me.

I quickly put the bread rolls in a bowl with a paper towel inside and sit it in the middle of the table, I have the plates already made with the salad and fish properly placed in the middle. I hurry and pour water inside the glass cups when the bell rings, I see Jake walk into the kitchen.

“Ice no ice?” I ask

He shakes his no and I put ice in everybody else’s glass except Jake’s parents, I hear chattering and I hurry to finish setting up the table. I put the silverware in front of each of the chairs, I finally finish and I smile, brush off my dress and walk confidently into the main room where everybody is standing in a small circle. Andrew is smiling sweetly, Eric is nodding and listening, Kayden looks bored and Jake doesn’t seem to be listening as his head is slightly turned to the television.