Chapter 4 (Part 1)

I wake in cold sweat. Another stupid nightmare. This time it was just me being chased by a creature I couldn't identify. It wasn't Righteous. But something else. It had a black aura surrounding it. I caught a glimpse of a white shirt, but that's all I saw before I woke up.

I look to the side of me. Connor had one eye opened slightly. His expression was unreadable. "Nightmares... Huh? Woke me up in the middle of the night. Had to throw somethin' at you to make you stop." He mumbles. "But I'm going back to sleep. G'Night." And with that, he turns his back on me and begins to sleep even more. His light snoring came from his unconscious body.

I lay my head back on the pillow and try to catch some sleep as well. It proves to be more difficult than I had thought. I get up, knowing sleep will prove to be worthless at the moment. I quietly make my way down the stairs. In the kitchen, I see Steve sleeping on the wooden chair at the table. I didn't want to wake him, so I tried my best to be quiet.

I leave the house. The streets were empty and dark. The lights haven't come on yet so I had time to look around before anyone sees me. Since I covered the center of the village, and the back and left wall, yesterday, I decide to look around the right wall. It's pitch black, but luckily I had spare torches. I pull one out and it instantly lights up 10 blocks of street. I move quickly, trying not to disturb anyone who might have an open window.

I make it to the right wall without being caught. I don't know why I'm so paranoid. Not like anyone will punish me. Wait... A picture of Steve scolding me pops in my mind... Yeah. Scratch that. As I walk down a gravel path, I notice pens left and right. There were no animals in them, and the floor of the pens were sand. In the pens, I see blue wool with pumpkins on top. A picture frame held a sword on it's right side of the wool, and a lever on the left side.

This must be the place were players practice combat. I think. I continue my way down the gravel path. I notice a small shack of what seems to be weapons. It wasn't guarded or even locked by a trap door. I guess everyone trusts each other. I didn't want to take anything, so I just keep moving on.

I keep walking until I'm at the back of the wall. I pass through the orchard, touching the leaves above me as I walk. A loud Clang echo's my way. I head towards the sound and to my unamused surprise, the noise came from that old hag's hut. I ungratefully head towards the hut.

I peek my head in through the vines, I can hear angry mumbling. "Hello?" I ask quietly. I see the player scurrying through a chest. She pays no attention to me so I enter. "Uhm.. Hi." I wave my hand. She turns around, noticing me. "You." She sneers. "You know how long potions take to make!? And how rare the ingredients are to find?!" She rasps, inching towards me. Her eyes narrow, and looks up at me. I could feel her gaze burning deep into me. "S-Sorry ma'am! I-I really didn't mean to d-do that!" I stutter, partly terrified.

She was slightly smaller than me, about half a stone slab smaller. Her eyes examine me, looking up and down. I stood there waiting for her to speak. "You seem like a strong boy." She mutters, "Perhaps you could help me with somethings. Think of it as repaying a dept." She sneers again.

My eyes widen. "What kind of help?" I ask, unsure. The sound of redstone and pistons could be heard within the walls. The lights suddenly come on like they did turning off. I hear my name and I turn my head to the door. The lady curses and grabs my hand. I turn my gaze to her. "Listen. Do not trust the tall man. The dark lord will be looking for him. Time will tell when he shall rise, and look for his lost brother." Her voice was shallow and grim. I blink unbelievably at her. She lets my hand go as Connor bursts through the vines.

"There you are!" Connor says, relief in his voice. Steve ducks down through the doorway. He stands up strait. "We couldn't find you by the waterfall or the orchard. So we came here." Steve's says, his deep voice was calm. He glances at the small player. His eyes narrow. "What business do you have with him, Curlos?" His voice was suddenly dark. She was creepy, but what did he have against her?

"This boy spilt many potions of mine. I think it is only fair that he helps me make some." She growls. "Unless you want all your fighting men to be a loss cause in battle?" She sneers with hatred. It's like a cat and dog fight. I look up at Steve. "Hey, Steve, I wouldn't be in this mess if I hadn't been so clumsy. So, I'll help her." I say, glancing back at the grinning player.

"Alright. But he will start tomorrow. Understand?" Steve growls, leaving the hut. "Yessir." She states grimly, with a hint of amusement in her voice. Connor follows him, and I follow Connor.

"Can't wait 'till tomorrow!" She calls.