Chapter Sixteen

Quick Note: Hope all of my readers, are enjoying the book. Remember to read, comment, vote. And most of all enjoy!

-

-

Annie POV

-

-

The lunch bell went but Jacob and James had some studying to do. They said it would only take 10 to 15 minutes. Ryan had a meeting with a teacher which he said should only take 20 minutes. So I headed to Jacob's locker and opened it up.

23....7...14

I took a few sips from his bottle of water then put it back into his bag zipping it up.

"Isn't this Jacob's locker?"

Asked a voice from behind the locker door, I closed it and locked the locker. To find Kyle was there.

"Oh it's you, yes it is Jacob's locker."

I started to walk over to the trees, where they all hang out. Because that was where the others were going to meet me. Of coarse Kyle came with me.

"Oh it's just that, why would he tell you his combination?"

I looked up from the ground as we came into the shaded area of the trees.

"Because I didn't bring any bags with me today, he had all our stuff."

"Why were you even in there?"

I looked him in the eyes as I leant against his rock, none of the other boys were here. But I really liked there hang out place.

"I was getting a drink of water."

He laughed at me.

"Ok first of all we have taps here, second of all why would you drink from his bottle?"

"Because we are friends, and I don't want to drink from the taps."

He started walking towards me, and his tone changed.

"Ok, well I'm guessing that you're single. Seeing as you and Jacob are only friends?"

I looked up at him, and his gaze made me shiver.

"If you are intending on asking me out don't, I'm not looking for anything right now."

He stopped about two steps away from me.

"I'm sorry Kyle, I just don't know anyone well."

He smiled a little bit.

"Well maybe in the future."

I walked over to Jacob's tree and climbed up.

"Yea, maybe."

I said under my breathe as I climbed.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When Jacob and James came over they brought food and drinks.

"Hey want something to eat?"

James yelled up to me. I had half fallen asleep but the smell of food brought me back.

"Sure."

Jacob looked up at me.

"Come on down here sleepy head."

I laughed a little bit at that and so did James.

"How can you tell she's been asleep?"

Jacob looked at James and sat down against a tree.

"She is always like that in the morning."

As I came down the tree I laughed.