Deadly Lies (Sequel to TBFOWS)

My eyes were closed. Warm wind, mixed with his tantalizing scent, caressed my cheek, moving the golden hair tendrils away from my eyes. I didn't want to look, I didn't want the warm arms around my waist to disappear. I turned towards the body, burrowing my face deep into his soft skin. His fingers lifted my chin up to look at him, but my eyes remained closed. We both knew that when I would open them to meet those blue oceans, he would have to go. I didn't want him to leave.

            "They're looking at us." His voice, soft yet commanding, traveled to my ears in soft waves.    

            "I don't care." I whispered and sighed in content. I felt his chest vibrate as a chuckle escaped his lips. He pulled away and I opened my eyes. 

            Three months have passed since that night. Three months since John and I single handedly took down a loan shark business as well as a human trafficking cartel. And yet, even after losing his family, coming face to face with his enemy and staring death in the eye, he was still the same handsome John. His blue eyes chilled me to the bone, although the nights weather was well in the eighties. His dark hair remained in the same position even after he ran his hands through it countless times. Tonight it was illuminated by the moons light, giving his sun kissed skin an other worldly glow. Course stubble peppered his cheeks, that only added to his allure. A crooked smile was playing on his lips, the knowing kind. Blush colored my cheeks, forcing me to look away.   

            "Yes you do." I bit my inner cheek and looked at the dark house behind him. Although I saw no movement in the windows, I knew my parents were watching, like they always did.

            "Yeah, I do." I said towards the home. John pressed his hand against my cheek, gaining my attention within seconds. His smile was small yet captivating, forcing my stomach to constrict. Forgetting about my parents, forgetting that I had school in the morning and most definitely forgetting the butterflies in my stomach, I leaned in towards my John.

            His lips as soft as cotton pressed against mine, instantly sending pleasurable goose bumps throughout my body. Following his lips, I snaked my arms through his hair, savoring the feeling of his body so close to mine. My lungs were begging for air, but my heart and mind ignored the request. To soon we pulled apart, panting for air. His forehead dipped down gently, pressing against my own.

            "Did you have fun?" He asked looking into my eyes.

            "That's a silly question." A goofy smile plastered itself all over my face. "I would have fun even if you took me to watch paint dry."

            "Is that a hint?" He asked with a contemplating look.

            "Will you be there?"

            "If only you decide to bring me." John said straightening up. 

            "Come here." I said motioning for him to come back down. He put his forehead back to mine and I didn't hesitate. With quick fingers, I flicked him on the temple and he drew back, holding his head in his hands as though it would fall apart if he didn't.

            "What was that for?" John asked with mock anger.

            "Don't say such things and no pain shall come to thee." I said in a matter-a-fact tone.

            "As you wish." He smiled and brought his lips down to mine. I melted instantly, enjoying us. After a few seconds we pulled apart.

            "I'll see you tomorrow." He said and pecked my forehead. I watched as he grabbed the midnight colored helmet off the seat and started the engine to his motorcycle.