A New World

Danny groaned as he slowly woke up, wincing at the small pain he felt from his cuts that he received from Skulker. He sat up and found himself in a comfortable bed, he was shirtless but his arms were bandaged and he could feel even though they were covered with black tracksuit pants his legs were bandaged as well.

The door suddenly opened revealing a woman with short brown hair and a blue hazmat suit walk into the room.

"Oh you're awake thank goodness" The woman said with a warm smile but Danny freaked out and pressed his back against the wall in fear.

Maddie saw his fear and raised her hands in a calming gesture and said, "Oh no, no, no it's okay! It's okay. I'm not gonna hurt you"

Danny calmed down a little but was still a bit fearful and asked very quickly with slight panic, "What is this place? Who are you? What's going on here?"

"Okay I'll answer your questions but you need to calm down first" The woman said.

Danny took slow deep breaths and calmed down. He nodded at the woman who smiled and said, "Okay now in order. This is my home where I live with my husband Jack whose gone to the grocery store for me and my daughter Jasmine whose currently at school right now but should be home any minute, my name is Madeline but I prefer to be called Maddie and other than you freaking just a few seconds ago, you crashed in our lab seriously injured and you fainted from blood loss so we all healed you and placed you in this room so you could get some rest"

"I remember crashing somewhere after falling off a floating rock" Danny said. "How'd I get here?"

"You came through our ghost portal that we activated yesterday" Maddie answered. Danny's eyes widened in fear as he slowly asked, "D-did you see me...."

"Change from a ghost into a human? Yes dearie we did but it's okay, we're not going to hurt you" Maddie said as she sat down next to him. "It's just incredible to see and meet a half-human, half-ghost"

"So you don't want to experiment on me or rip me apart molecule by molecule? And how did you conclude that I was half human?" Danny asked as his fears died down.

"No! Of course we're not going to experiment on you" Maddie answered. "As for your other question, we took a sample of your blood from your injuries and ran tests on them after you changed. Results concluded late last night that you were half human"

Danny took a deep breath, relieved that they weren't going to hurt him. Suddenly they heard the front door open and they heard movement coming up the stairs. Now standing in the bedroom was a large man in an orange hazmat suit and standing beside him was a sixteen year old girl with red hair tied back with a blue headband and wearing a black shirt with blue pants.

"Ah so our guest is awake" The man said with a wide smile as he and the girl entered the room. He walked up to Danny and shook his hand as he said, "I'm Jack. Jack Fenton nice to meet ya!"

The girl shook her head at her father's silliness and then said, "Sorry about him. My dad tends to get a little over excited. Anyway I'm Jasmine but my friends call me Jazz"

"It's nice to meet you both" Danny said with a smile but then his eyes then widened as he remembered Pandora and said in a panic, "Oh no! My mother! She must be worried right now! I have to get home!"

He stood up but winced as his injuries acted up and almost fell to the ground but Maddie caught him and placed him back on the bed again and said, "Woah! Calm down! You're in no condition to be walking around like this. Who's your mother?"

"My mother is Pandora" Danny answered. "A ghost in the Ghost Zone who found me as a baby and adopted me. She sent me to get some medicinal herbs from the Far Frozen and I was on my way back when I was attacked by this ghost named Skulker who was trying to capture me. He's the one who injured me during the fight but with the last of my energy I used my Ghostly Wail on him and that's when I fell into your lab"