Chapter 10

editing is still being done

When we arrived home I lock myself in my room and cried myself to sleep. The next morning when I wake I felt to warm body next to me on the bed. Sometime during the night K.P and Raven must have gotten in bed with me. These are my girls and I love them, but was I ready to let them know what had happen.

“What are you doing in my bed” I growled at them a few minutes later.

“Making sure you don’t roll off the bed and break your neck, why else would we be in your bed? It’s not like you didn’t just leave the hospital against doctor’s orders.” K.P answered sarcastically.

Raven reaches across the bed and hit her in the head. “Really K.P can’t you be serious for once in your life.”

“I’m fine guys, I’m going to stay in bed all day and cry and then tonight I’m going to cook and bake and then I’ll be okay.” I say that to them knowing deep in my heart that I was lying. I was never going to get over Nash.

“Who you think you’re talking to it’s me Raven your best friend who know you since we were children, you’re lying to us. Get real Nessa. You are not okay! You have no idea what is was like watching you laying there in that hospital bed not knowing if you’ll ever wake up” she started to sob loudly and shout at me.

“You can talk to me and K.P we both know you’re hurting and you have been withdrewing from us ever since you came back. We love you Nessa! Don’t you know that? You are my sister for God sake and I'm here for you no matter what!

I felt bad because what Raven said was true but I couldn’t help it I couldn’t tell them what happen to me when I was sixteen and I have been keeping things from them. But the truth is I feel like if I tell them they would hate me and I can’t stand losing them.

“I’m sorry guys “I said as I hug them tears running down my face I told them its a long story so get comfortable and I told them everything that had transpire between Nash and I not leaving anything out.

“So you truly love him love him” K.P asked as I was finish telling them everything. I was so engrossed in my story telling that I didn’t notice when breakfast had arrived along with snacks.

“I do love him love him K.P” I answered her with a smile feeling happy all of a sudden. She screeches loudly and jumps on top of me hugging me.

 “Oh Nessa I’m so happy for you”

She grabs Raven and pulls her into a group hug. We remained hugging for a while, and then K.P suggested that we should all get change and go down to the pool and relax for the day. 

When they leave to get their bikini, Luke entered my room without knocking and sits on the side of my bed.

“Are you going to be okay Nessa? “

“Yes Luke I’m going to be okay.” I said hugging him. He hugs me back for a while and then push me off him.

“Do I look like a teddy bear?” he asked with trying to look tough

“Well since you’re going to be okay I had Kelly make an appointment with your doctor for you” he said smirking. I pick up one of my pillow and hit him with it. “Get out of my room Luke” I said as I get up and walk to my closet to change into my bikini.   

K.P, Raven and I spent the rest of day at the pool, they both try to convince me to call Nash and work things out but I refused.

***************

Sitting in the waiting room of my doctor’s office I could help but be scared. I wish I hadn’t convinced Raven that I’ll be okay by myself. I keep thinking he’s going to say I have cancer. I pull out my phone and message my Lawyer asking him for an appointment. I need to make sure all my business was in order.

“Leonessa James” I heard the nurse called out my name, when I stood she mention for me to follow her. Upon entering the room she ask me to go to the bathroom and pee into the cup she handed me.  When I returned she did my vitals and help me up on the bed, when she was leaving she said that Dr. Peters will be in soon.

I was re-reading the posters on the wall when Dr. Peters entered the room. “Nessa it’s good to see you” she said as she pick up my notes and started reading.

“When your assistant told me yesterday that you were in the hospital in Montana I called the doctor there and get your file send over. I had my nurse test your urine and it confirms the diagnoses” Dr. Peters pull up a stool by the bed and sit next to me.

Taking a deep breath I asked her what is the diagnoses.

She looked at me surprised “didn’t…..” she look at the notes to see the doctor’s name “…Dr. Mohammad tell you?”

I shook my head

“Nessa You’re eight weeks pregnant at least that what it said here on your ultrasound, that you’re eight weeks pregnant with twins. The urine test this morning confirmed that you are pregnant.”

I lay on the bed stunned. Then I started to laugh uncontrollably.

“I had thought that I was dying and instead I was pregnant with twins”

Trying to bring myself under control I stop laughing and started to sob for no reason. Dr. Peters was looking me her eyes full of sympathy. And when I finally stop crying she gives me tissue to clean myself up and then she asked if I wanted to hear the baby heartbeat.  She then put some gel on my stomach and place the Doppler on my stomach and move it around until I hear my by babies heartbeat.

It was the most beautiful sound I have ever heard. And then it hit me, I have to tiny life growing in my uterus. Oh my God I’m pregnant. I started breading quickly and heavily. Dr. Peters had to yell out my name to get me out of my panic attack.

The nurse returned to the room and help clean up the gel from my stomach and when I was dressed I meet Dr. Peters in her office. She then gives me a card for a OB/GYN, saying she’s one of the best that she knows and she had already make an appointment for me to visit her today.

Taking the card I thank Dr. Peters and left the office getting in my car. I put in the Dr. Lincoln the OB/GYN address into the GPS and left for her office.

On my way there my phone ring answering and putting it on speaker. Luke voice came over the line.

“Where here are you going Nessa, it’s hard to follow you in this traffic if I don’t know where you’re going”

“I’m going to the doctor’s office Luke”

“You just came out from the doctor Nessa”

“Did I really!? I could have sworn that I just came out of the hair salon.”

“Cut the crap Nessa where are you going?”

Sighting I answered him “I’m going to see a specialist Luke. Dr. Peters is a General Physician she recommended a specialist for me and I’m going to see her”

“A specialist? What the hell is wrong with you Nessa that she has to send you to a specialist.”

“It’s none of your business Luke” I snapped at him as I hang up the phone. I parked my car and rush up to the office before Luke could catch up with me.

Dr. Lincoln was a really nice doctor after examining me she give me a gently but stern lecture about doing what best for my babies. She give me load of pamphlet’s to read on diet, excesses and rest. After leaving the doctor office I wasn’t ready to go home so I went in to work.