chapter 6

Looking at the time I knew it was 3:00pm because the same feeling came over me again. I have notice for a week now at around this time I starting feeling ill, my stomach start cramping and I starting feeling nauseous as well as weak.

Rushing to the bathroom and emptying my lunch into the toilet bowl. I vomit until my stomach was empty and there was nothing more to bring up. I stand and  hold on to the sink for support my kneels felt weak, and my abdomen hurt from the reverser peristaltic. I wanted to cry but I told myself not to be weak. After washing my mouth and fixing my makeup I returned to my office and call Joan in asking her to make an appointment for me with my doctor.

I could not denied it anymore I was sick, something was wrong with me. I can’t keep telling myself its just food poising and not do anything about it. My heart drum in my chest as I finally admit to myself that something was wrong. I needed to see a Doctor, but before I face my fear of what could be wrong with me I needed to  think, to just stop and think. Packing up my stuff for the day I felt an overwhelming sadness over my predicament. I needed some time to myself. To be me and not the Nessa that I show everyone and not  the Nessa that Raven and K.P see me as, I don't know why put it's like I play a role for all the person's in my life. 

The world saw me as a spoil rich girl who date famous actors, a different one every month, little did they know that they were friends that I just accompanied on the red carpet because my publicist thought it would be good for the company.  Most of my employees saw a cold hard ruthless business woman to be respected and to fear. Few see the real me and as much as I may look like I have everything going for me I was lonely. I had my happy ending and throw it all away.

Smiling sadly, I ask Joan to call Kelly in, needing to go over my schedule with her. It was time for me to take a vocation.

“Ms. James! Joan said you wanted to see me” hearing Kelly voice I look up from my iPhone where I was messaging Raven and K.P telling them that I would be going to Montana for two weeks on vocation. In that short time I knew I wanted to go somewhere people don't know who I am and where I could be myself.

“Yes, come in and have a seat” As I talk to Kelly I was packing up my desk and concentrating on what I was doing, now that my mind was make up, I wasn't to leave as soon as I could. Feeling excited about going away.  

“ I’m taking two weeks vocation from tomorrow and I need you to handle all my meeting and carry my work load whiles I’m away. You’ll let your intern take your workload off you so you wouldn’t have too much to do, Can you handle it?” I look up at her, as she answered me.

“Yes Nessa, I could handle everything” she said smiling         

“You know you’ll be using my office for the next two weeks right” I asked her.

“Yes” “okay then that’s all for now. Send Luke in on your way out” I said to her as I stand open the safe on the back wall taking out all my personal effects that I wanted to move before she occupies my office. Putting everything in my briefcase and some into a box I hear Luke entered.

“Going somewhere Nessa”

“Yes Montana, its time for me to take a break and relax”

“Are you going to find a cowboy and shake up with him for the two weeks?” he asks. And I can’t help but laugh. “Still thinks sex could fix everything Luke?”  Turning to face him seeing that silly grin that he always has on his face, his face then turn serious.

"Is there something to fix Nessa, I though everything was okay"

Smiling brightly at him "everything is okay, I just need a break that's all" hoping I convince him that everything was okay. I don't know why but I didn't want Luke to know or anyone else to know that I wasn't well.