Chapter 9: Girlfriend...?

Things have been going alright for Cody and I lately. My sickness hasn't really stopped us from doing things. Although whenever we go out, I do tend to get tired a little faster then I normally would. I always felt terrible whenever we were on a date and I would get exhausted all of a sudden and we would have to go home early, but Cody never said anything about it. He would simply nod his head and help me to the car, all with a smile on his face. We would get home and he would make me a cup of tea, lay with me in bed and just hold me. Cody would whisper about the future that we have ahead of us and I would truly believe that everything would get better for me, for us, but once I was home alone, things would be the opposite for me.

    A few days ago, Cody was gone, working at the studio for his new album and I walked into the bathroom to take a shower. When I looked at myself in the mirror, I couldn't stop crying. Since being sick, I've been loosing my hair. Not large chunks of it, but enough to show that something was seriously wrong with me. If I wore my hair down, you could clearly see spots that were missing. Bruise's had also showed up on my body and well, in all honesty, I looked like hell. That's when Cody had walked in, just when I needed him the most. He held me as I just cried into his chest. We sat on the bathroom floor for the longest time. Even after I had stopped crying, he continued to just hold me in his arms, rocking me back and forth, whispering how much he loved me. 

    But now, I was feeling better, in a way. Sure, I would have an occasional break down when I wasn't feeling myself but Cody and my family were always there to lift me back up. We had been out and about lately as well, just like we were told to do. I've been doing everything that I was advised to do by Dr. Travis and I really think that it was starting to help. I was feeling much better then I had been last week. I could move around the house like I used to, although I did loose energy faster then I normally would. 

    But, enough of all this sickness stuff. Right now, we were all sitting on the couch, watching a movie. I was playing with Miranda who was sitting in my lap as Cody was in the kitchen making food. Yeah I know, Cody's cooking, crazy right? Miranda's little giggles filled the room as I tickled her sides. I glanced up, seeing that Cody was leaning against the island in the kitchen, watching Miranda and I with a smile on his face. I smiled back and nodded my head for him to come over. 

Once he was sitting behind me, his chin resting on my shoulder and his arms came around to hold Miranda's little hand. "She's growing so much." 

I smiled. "I know, pretty soon she'll be walking around with a teenage boy wrapped around her arm."

"Over my dead body she will be." Cody replied and I looked up at him, seeing him smiling brightly at me. 

"Maybe she'll meet someone and have as much fun as we did when we were dating." I laughed.

Cody's eyes widened but the smile was still on his face. "Now you're making me want to lock her in her room until she's 30."

Cody pressed his lips to my cheek and then once to my lips. "How are you feeling?"

I titled my head slightly to the side as his lips pressed to the delicate skin. "Better then I was last week."

He hummend in appreciation as he continued to place soft kisses along my neck. "Good to know."

We were both pulled out of our little moment as we heard Miranda starting to cry. Cody placed one last kiss on my cheek before standing up and going into the kitchen to get a bottle. A smile came across my lips as he walked in and took her from me before sitting down on the couch to feed her. For a moment, I just lend back and watched as he fed her. "You know, I remember when you were worried about being a good father." I said and his eyes flickered up to meet mine. "You said something about how she wouldn't like you or you wouldn't know what to do when she was finally here. But if you ask me, you're an amazing father."