Chapter 2: Happy Happy Happy

"Emily, are you alright?" Cody asked, coming into the room.

I had been laying in bed all day, just watching TV when he came in. Looking over at him and smiling a little. "Yeah. I'm great."

    Cody was wearing a pair of sweatpants and no shirt with a beanie on his head. He walked closer to me before crawling into the bed right next to me. He rested his head lightly on my shoulder before sighing and placing his hand onto my stomach. I was going on 6 months now and Cody and I couldn't be anymore happy or anymore prepared for our little girl to show up. Raising my hand and resting it lightly on his, Cody tilted his head and kissed my lips lightly. Pulling away, he just smiled at me for a few moments. 

"I came up to ask you if you wanted to order a pizza or something for dinner?" He asked, rubbing my hand with the back of his thumb. 

"Can we do Chinese instead?" I asked with a hopefully sound to my voice. 

He laughed and nodded his head. "Sure, whatever you want."

    I smiled a bit more and kissed him lightly before he stood up and walked back out of the room. I started getting more comfortable in bed, getting ready to take a short nap before dinner, only to be forced to get out of bed by Cody yelling for me from downstairs. Groaning, I got out of bed, but wrapped the blanket around myself as I walked out of the room. Dragging myself downstairs, I rounded the few corners and started to walk into the kitchen. When  I walked in, Cody was standing in front of the sink with his phone. 

"Baby! Come here!" He said when he seen me walking over to him. 

"Cody I swear if you broke something, I'm going to kill you." I said and he smiled. 

"Look, our sink has a bubble butt!" He said before bending over and laughing hysterically. 

   I looked into the sink and seen that their were soap bubbles that were indeed in the form of a butt. I laughed a little before looking over at Cody who had now stopped laughing and was just smiling at me, his cheeks red from laughing. I rolled my eyes at him, shaking my head slightly before hitting his arm hard. Chuckling as he grabbed it and pretended to be hurt. 

"You're an idiot!" I said and he let go of his arm, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer to him. 

"But you love me." He said and lend his forehead against mine.

We both closed our eyes and just held each other for what felt like forever. "Of course I love you." I whispered back to him after a few minutes. 

    I felt Cody's lips being pressed lightly to the tip of my nose and I giggled, pulling away from him and leaning my head into the crook of his neck. Placing a few small kisses there, I felt him shiver, which caused me to giggle. We heard the door bell ring but neither one of us moved away from each other. I looked up at Cody and we both smiled at each other, knowing that neither one of us wanted to pull away from each other at the moment. I tried to pull away from him but he only held me tighter. 

"Cody." I mumbled when he kissed me again. 

    He sighed, but pecked my cheek lightly before letting go of me and walking to the front door. I sighed, shaking my head lightly before walking into the living room and sitting down on the couch with my blanket wrapped around me still. After a few minutes, Cody walked back into the room and smiled at me, setting the food down and handing me mine. I smiled, thanked him as he walked into the kitchen and came back out with two sodas. Thanking him again, he nodded his head before sitting down right next to me. 

    I placed my legs over Cody's and he laughed but didn't stop me. We laid there together, eating our Chinese food and watching old movies on the TV. Once we had finished eating, we placed our empty take out containers onto the coffee table and I moved so that I was laying into Cody, my head resting on his chest lightly as his hands came around my waist and held my hand lightly in his with the blanket wrapped around us, I would say that we were pretty comfortable. 

"I love you." Cody promised.

I smiled a bit, turning my head slightly to look into his eyes. "I love you, too."

    He lend down, pressing his soft lips to mine and after a moment, we both smiled into the kiss. Pulling away a little, I lend my head back onto his chest and smiled when Cody lightly started to rub my hand with his thumb. The simple motion sending chills through my whole body and made me instantly relax against him. My eyes fluttered closed and I let out a deep breath. Cody lend down, pressing his lips to my forehead and I couldn't stop the smile from coming across my lips. He was just so loving and caring. 

"Tired, love?" Cody asked softly. 

"Not really. Just, happy." I said and he chuckled.

"Me, too." He replied before kissing my forehead. "So if you're up for it, I think we should go for a walk together."

I groaned. "Right now?" 

Cody laughed and slowly started to push me up. "Yes right now. You need to get out, get some fresh air. Doctors orders."

    Once Cody had me sitting up straight, he wrapped his arms around my waist tightly and practically caring me up the stairs. Once we were back in our room, Cody placed me on the bed and walked into the closet. That's when I laid back on the bed and crossed my arms over my stomach. I heard Cody huff a laugh as he walked out of the the closet. I felt something hit my face and I sat up slowly, glaring at him as he walked into the bathroom. I looked down to see that he threw a pair of shorts and a sweatshirt at me. 

"You're cute when you're mad." He said walking back out. 

I stood up and slipped off my shirt. "Yeah well I better be absolutely beautiful right now."

Cody laughed and nodded his head slightly as I slipped on the sweatshirt. "You always look beautiful." He retorted. 

Rolling my eyes, I slipped on my shorts. I sat on the edge of the bed and let out a deep breath. "Cody my feet hurt." I mumbled. 

Cody came over to me, sitting down on the floor and starting to put my shoes on for me. Once he was finished, he stood up, smiling at me. "Thank you."

Kissing my forehead, he grabbed my hand and dragged me down the stairs. 

~~~~~oooooOOOOOooooo~~~~~~

    Flopping down on the couch after walking around town for almost two hours, I was dead. I didn't want to do anything else for the rest of my life. Cody came into the living room, smiling brightly at me as he sat down on the other side of the couch. I glared at him for a few minutes as he just sat there smiling. Rolling my eyes at him, I watched as he reached for my shoes, taking them off and tossing them onto the floor. I was getting ready to ask what he was doing, I groaned as he started to message my feet.

"Better?" He questioned.

"Much." I said softly. 

Cody laughed and gently set my feet down over his lap. "Wanna get some sleep now?" He asked softly.

Sighing, I nodded my head. Cody and I walked upstairs and into our room. After changing for bed, we both laid down comfortably together. "Goodnight beautiful." He whispered, kissing my temple lightly. 

"Goodnight, Cody." I said just as softly before drifting off to sleep.