Act IV: Scene Eight

ACT IV
— Scene 8 —
P O V : L O U I S

I fluttered open my eyelids, temporarily blinded by the sunlight streaming through the window. After blinking a few times, I noticed Harry's head resting on my chest, and his arm draped across me. I smiled to myself, bringing my hand up to run my fingers through his curls.

The few weeks since I returned to London were better than I could have ever imagined. Harry and I could finally be open about our feelings, and we were even brave enough to call each other boyfriends.

The sight of him in the bed next to me in the morning would never get old. His soft snores combined with the way the sunlight reflected off his face was almost an ethereal sight to wake up to.

I reached for his hand, which was rested on my chest. I began to fiddle with his fingers, noticing the rings were missing, and instead were placed on the bedside table. To be honest, I always felt his hands looked a bit naked without them.

I brought his hand up to my face, giving it a small kiss. His breathing was deep and slow, a sign that he was still asleep. As much as I didn't want to disturb him, I couldn't help but marvel over the boy.

I tightened my grasp around him, pressing another kiss on the top of his head. After that, I just layed there, fascinated by how lovely he looked with his cheek pressed against my chest.

"Rise and shine baby cakes," I said under my breath, not expecting a reply.

I smiled to myself.

"You know what, I'm getting tired or 'Haz' and 'Curly'," I said, chuckling to myself. "What about... sugar pie?"

I was speaking as quietly as I could, careful not to startle him.

All of a sudden, Harry burst out laughing.

"Sugar pie? Seriously?" he giggled, his eyes crinkling.

I frowned. "How long have you been awake?"

"Does it really matter?" he asked, a stupid, adorable smile on his face.

I shrugged, turning my body to face him, "Guess not."

He didn't reply after that, only keeping his gaze on me for a few minutes without a single word.

"What?" I asked, a small smile on my face.

He bit his lip. "You're just so beautiful, you know."

I blushed, bringing my fist up to hide my face.

"Alright, you stay here," I said, getting up from the bed, "I'll go make us breakfast."

Harry reached out to grab my arm. "Wait," he said.

I turned around, a confused expression on my face. "What?"

"You didn't kiss me yet," he pouted.

I sighed, leaning down to give him a tiny peck on the lips. With that, I smiled and made my way out the door.

"C'mon, is that it?"

"Sorry love," I laughed, "I'm hungry."

---

"Dammit," I muttered, realising the holes I cut looked more like dicks than hearts.

I was attempting to retry the whole "heart shaped toast with egg in the centre" dish, and failing miserably.

I looked around at the mess I had made, putting my hands on my hips. Why hadn't I just stuck with cereal?

Without warning, I felt arms wrap around my waist, startling me.