Act II: Scene Nine

ACT II
— Scene 9 —
P O V :  L O U I S

For the first time this week, the weather was cold enough to wear a winter coat. Since it was Thursday, Harry and I weren't awoken by Niall's screaming, and we got to sleep in.

I woke up around seven, and saw that Harry was still fast asleep. I was used to getting out of bed right away: Harry jumping around and telling me our plans for the day.

Since I was accustomed to starting the day off bright and early, I decided to go for a walk while Harry slept.

I grabbed the notepad, leaving a note on the nightstand to let him know where I was.

Going out for a walk

Should be back by 8:00

- L

I walked down the pavement, taking in my surroundings. Although I was wearing my heaviest jacket, I was shivering.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, and took it out. I glanced at the screen.

Harry: I woke up ill

Harry: Come back home I'm dying :(

I texted back:

Me: I'll be back in a bit

Me: With goodies

Harry: I have no idea what that means, but okay

---

Twenty minutes later, I was back at the flat, with a few bags in my arms. I unlocked the door, immediately bringing them upstairs.

Once I reached the bedroom, I sat down on the bed, seeing Harry curled up under the duvet.

He smiled at me, but his face looked pale, and I could tell he was ill. Poor Harold.

"Look what I got you," I said, pulling the things out of their bags.

"First, the boring bit," I started, setting a pill box on his nightstand, "Here's some painkillers."

"Next, some soup. I got chicken noodle and tomato, in case you have a preference," I told him, showing him the two cans.

"Next, a teddy bear, so you can get your nasty germs on someone else," I said.

Harry frowned, but still thanked me, "Thank you, Lou."

He took the teddy bear from my hands and hugged it to his chest. I may have blushed a bit.

"Wait, I'm not finished yet," I said with a smile, "Last, but definitely not least, a new box of Lucky Charms!"

He opened his mouth to reply, but it quickly turned into a coughing fit. I should have bought some cough syrup.

"Are you alright?" I asked, concerned.

"Yeah," he said between coughs, "I just need some water."

I nodded, "I'll be right back," I said. I grabbed the cereal and soup cans, and rushed downstairs to get him a glass of water.

I grabbed a glass and filled it up in the sink, and then went upstairs to give Harry the water. "Thank you," he choked out, immediately taking a sip, "My head is killing me."

"Do you want to take a few of the painkillers?" I asked him, handing over the box. Harry gave me a worried expression.

"I, uh," he started, "I don't know how to swallow pills."

I laughed, "What, seriously?"

"Yeah, for real. I can try, though," he said attempting to hide his embarrassment.

He placed a single pill on this tongue, and immediately took it back out. "I can't do this. It tastes awful, and what if I choke on it and die?" he asked nervously.

"I know the Heimlich Maneuver," I joked, "But seriously, you're fine. It's just a tiny pill."

Harry nodded and took a few deep breaths. He put the pill back in his mouth, and took a sip of water. Immediately after, he started coughing. "You did it!" I said, excited.

He spit the pill out into his hand.

"Oh," I muttered.

"I think liquid medicine would be a better option," Harry said quietly, anxiously touching his hair.

"No," I said sternly, "I went out of my way to get these pills for you, and you're going to swallow them, okay?"

Harry sighed, "I can't, Louis. I'm fine without the medicine."

I took the shrivelled-up pill out of his hand and threw it into the bin. "Here, try this one," I said, handing him a new pill.

He stared at for a few seconds, rolling it around in his fingers. "Just take it already!" I raged.

He popped it in his mouth, closed his eyes, and took a gulp of water. His face lit up, "It went down!"

I smiled, "Great, only two more to go!"

---

We had been at home for the entire day. Harry was still in bed, and I was sat in the living room watching TV.

Every now and then, I came upstairs to check on him or give him some soup or water. I entered the bedroom with a tiny bowl of tomato soup, when Harry spoke up. "I'm bored," he said, "Is there anything we can do at home, besides laying around?"

A lightbulb went off in my head, "Oh, I know! We could play Fifa."

"I've never played that before," he squeaked out.

I smiled, "Don't worry, I can teach you."

He sat on the beanbag next to me, and after showing him the controls, we started a match. Harry wasn't the best, but I tried to ignore it.

"Harry, that's the wrong net. What the fuck, man, you just gave the other team a point."

"Oops," he said, blushing. He set down the controller and took out his phone.

"Um, hi? You can't just give up in the middle of a match," I told him, waving a hand in front of his face.

"Sorry, sorry," he replied. picking up the controller once again.

We played for an hour or so, and I noticed that he was starting to improve as time went on.

"Fuck Harry, you're doing so well," I told him excitedly.

"Can you tell I'm good with my hands?" he asked cheekily.

"Shit, Harry, yes!" I exclaimed as Harry scored yet another goal.

How it was possible for him to be better at Fifa than me, I had no idea.

P O V :  N I A L L

I peered out my window, trying to figure out where all the noise was coming from.

The screaming got louder and louder, until I could clearly hear what the person was saying.

"Fuck, Harry, you're doing so well," A male voice yelled.

I shifted to the window facing Harry and Louis' flat, and immediately gasped. That was exactly where the sound was coming from.

"Shit, Harry, yes!" he screamed, making my eyes widen. That was it, I needed to report these homosexuals right away.

All this time, I knew there was something sketchy about them, but I would have never guessed that they were full-time sinners.

I picked up my phone, dialing Father Paul. "My Holy Father, I've got a situation we need to tackle," I started telling him.

I told him the whole story, and the priest could not believe it. "Prepare your signs, and let the protest begin. Be there at six in the morning, sharp."

AN: Oh shit... stay tuned to see what happens with Niall.

Ava and Melina