Act III: Scene Six

ACT III
— Scene 6 —
P O V : L O U I S

I yawned, feeling a heavy weight on my torso. I blinked open my eyes to see Harry sprawled out on my chest, drool dribbling from his mouth onto my collarbone.

I scrunched up my face, wiping the drool off my neck. I looked down at him. His cheek was pressed against my shoulder, with his plump, pink lips slightly parted.

I brought my hands to the sides of his face, trying to lift his head up. He crinkled his nose, mumbling something I couldn't quite catch, before letting his face fall back to the same position as before.

I sighed, wondering how I always got myself in these types of situations. I didn't want to startle him whilst I woke him up, so I inched closer to him, whispering in his ear.

"Hey Harry, rise and shine."

Almost instantly, Harry looked up, whacking my nose with the back of his head.

"Shit!" I cursed, rubbing my nose as Harry scrambled off of me.

"Oh fuck, I'm sorry," he said, panicked.

I shook my head, offering him a weak smile. "I'm fine, it's fine. You were just drooling all over me like a pig."

He giggled, looking at me with a with a sleepy smile. Suddenly, his eyes widened.

"Oh my gosh, we're going to be late to Niall's birthday party," he exclaimed.

I groaned, burying my face into a pillow, "That's today?"

I heard Harry reply, "Yep."

"But do we have to go?" I said, stumbling out of bed. Harry was digging through the closet for some clothes.

"Lou, Niall is our friend," he explained, grabbing a plain white shirt and tossing it at my face, "We can't leave him in the dust."

I scoffed, slipping the shirt on.

"Let me guess," I joked, "It's at some sort of church?"

"It is, actually," Harry said, a chuckle escaping his lips as he jumped around, trying to pull on his skinny jeans.

I groaned again and rushed downstairs to pour us two bowls of cereal. Moments later, Harry trotted down the steps and into the kitchen, his silky, loose shirt flowing behind him.

"Do we even have a present?" I asked as I slid his cereal bowl towards him.

He froze, "Dammit, I forgot."

I shrugged, "I'm sure he isn't expecting much, anyways."

We finished getting ready, and soon we were out of the flat. The moment we stepped into the cool September breeze, I heard a familiar voice.

"Harry, Louis! You guys headed to Niall's party?" Liam asked with a cheery smile, Zayn trailing close behind him.

"We are, unfortunately," I sighed, and Zayn chuckled.

"That was my reaction too," he said as we walked towards them, "Today is going to be so..."

"Fun!" Liam said, whilst at the same time I shouted "Lame."

Harry laughed, his dimples becoming almost too prominent, "What's that, Liam?"

He pointed at the big box wrapped in colourful paper in Liam's arms.

"Me and Zayn bought him a whole Last Supper action figure set!" he said proudly.

Harry frowned, "We didn't get him anything."