Act III: Scene Seven

ACT III
— Scene 7 —
P O V : H A R R Y

TW: Homophobia, homophobic slurs.

"Can I look now?" I giggled, squirming in apprehension as Louis kept his hands rested on top of my eyes, blinding me.

Louis chuckled, "Yes, open them."

He lifted his hands away from my face as I adjusted my eyes to the light.

In front of me was a bicycle with two seats. It was red, with white seats and handlebars, and from the way it gleamed under the sunlight I could tell it was brand new.

"Ta-da!" Louis said, "I wanted to make it up to you, since I broke your trailer, and all."

I grinned, turning towards the boy. A part of me wanted to hug him and thank him endlessly, but a larger part of me wanted to pull him close and kiss his pretty mouth.

"Wanna take it out for a spin?" I asked, seeing Louis smile back at me.

"Of course," he answered, pushing the bike towards the door, "I'll take the front."

I rolled my eyes, wondering if Louis even had any idea how to ride a bike. I didn't really have time to question it, though, because he hopped onto the front seat, gripping the handle bars.

"Let's go!" he said eagerly, ringing the tiny bell that was attached to the handlebars.

I exhaled sharply, grinning and hopping onto the back seat. Once Louis started to pedal, I realised I had nowhere to hold on.

"Uh, Louis?" I asked as he began to pick up speed, "Why aren't there any handlebars for me?"

He looked back at me, smiling, "Dunno, you can probably figure something out, love."

I bit my lip, trying to hide the fact that I was turning bright red. I wrapped my arms around his waist, trying to get a good grip.

It was a bit awkward, since the seats were positioned so far apart, but at the same time it felt nice.

Although Louis faced the road ahead of us, I knew his smile matched mine.

"This is like those rom-com movies," I started, "Where the hot guy takes the pretty girl out for a motorcycle ride."

"Harry, this is a bike," he giggled, taking a turn.

"Right," I nodded, choosing my words carefully, "But are you just going to ignore the fact I called you hot?"

"Well, you're quite pretty yourself," he replied, before quickly adding, "But not a girl."

I sighed, "Whatever, you get what I mean."

I kept a tight grip on Louis' torso as the park came into view.

We dismounted, chaining the bike to the stand just outside the gates. I wasn't expecting it, but Louis grabbed my hand almost immediately, intertwining our fingers together.

This felt nice. This felt right.

"Jeez, Harry, why the sweaty hands?" he asked, a cheeky grin on his face, "It's freezing outside."

I rolled my eyes, "We've gone over this; I just can't help it."

We walked over to the same spot we were a few days ago, unclasping our hands to face each other cross-legged in the grass.

"Let's play I-Spy," I suggested, gripping my knees excitedly.

"Alright," he agreed, "You go first."