(19) Complicated

Christopher's P.O.V.

"You lied."

Phillip looked up at me. I had him on the ground in one split second with my hand clamped around his neck.

"S-She's not worth i-it." he choked out, which just made my hand close more firmly around his neck. He thrashed under me, trying to get away. Not when I was like this. I couldn't exactly control myself.

"Maybe not to you, but to me she's everything." I snapped, removing my hands from his neck and pinning him down by his arms.

A wicked smile spread on his face. "Really? You're willing to kill off thousands of demons just for her? The Fates and the demons will team up eventually, and what are you planning to do then? You're a fool, Christopher. You always did pick the hard way. She's special, I know that. I can feel it, too. But that doesn't mean she's worth the battle it will start. All we have to do is dispose of her and then it all we be over-"

I punched him in the jaw and cringed when the smirk never even faded on his face.

"There will never be a "we". And I'll never be part of your little killing games, no matter who it is." I say, practically yelling in his face.

"First, her friends. It'll scare her that way." He continues, as if I care.

"Why wouldn't you just kill her? That's all you need to do. All you've ever needed to do." I snap.

"Because, it's no fun that way. First, you have to play with your prey. Make them weak and vulnerable. It's easy to do that by just killing off their friends. That's where Austin or whatever his name is comes in. Once you've done that it's so easy to kill your prey."

I let go of Phillip and glare at him. Of course he would have a strategy. They all have to.

"You won't dare touch her." I growl.

"Ah ah ahh. Are you forgetting something? The betting. She's mine."

"It's Wednesday. You have two more days and then its over."

I start to walk away from him. "Hey, Christopher!" He called.

I turned around. "What?!"

"You do know that part of winning the betting is that you have to go on a date the last day. Looks like I get to spend a little..extra time with her." He winks.

"I swear, if you-"

"I won't, I won't." He assured me. I knew he was lying. And I also knew that before he killed her he would at least want something from her. Which is what this little date might turn into. I wish that I could kill him. But I can't. And he can't kill me.

But he can kill Nessa.

The thought made my fear increase and I ran to her house. I just needed to see her face, know that she's safe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nessa's P.O.V.

I had basic instructions from Aiden. Stay home. He told me that the man was after me, and he was also determined to keep me home.

Aiden sat on my bed and looked at me with a tiny spark in his eye. "Listen, Nessa. I'm really sorry about the other day. I got a little... Jealous. And I wanted you to know that I'll never call you Vanessa again."

"It's my real name." I say, my voice slightly strained.

He smiles. "I know. But to me you'll always be my Ness."

"You sound like a dad." I laugh, though a huge smile is on my face.

Then something hits me.

"Aiden! Don't you have a date!?"