(22) Violet

Writer's Comment: EARLY UPDATES BECAUSE NEW YEARS EVEJ ily you guys enjoy

PART 2

Chapter 22: Violet

Nessa's P.O.V.

I had only three days with Christopher before he left. He told me that he was going to see The Fates to try and negotiate with them.

"They're not too kind, Nessa," He told me. "So I may just end up having to go straight into attack."

I nod slowly and try to desperately think reasonably. I was trying my best to not beg him to just stay, but I knew in my head that I couldn't. He has to do what he has to do. "Whose going with you?" I say instead.

"Well before I tell you, you should probably meet them." Christopher reasoned, grabbing my hand and pulling me inside before I can protest.

As soon as the door opens, I see Blondie and the other guy that I've already spoken to and then behind them sits a small petite redhead.

"Everyone, meet Nessa." Christopher announces with a grin, pulling me closer to his side.

Blondie takes a big bite out of the apple he was eating. "We've met. My name is Chase, by the way. Not blondie." He reaches out his hand for me to shake.

How did he know I called him blondie? Had I been speaking my thoughts? If so, that's really bad because I think some weird things. I shake his hand anyways. "Uhm, nice to meet you."

The one with the cocky attitude and brown hair pushed past Chase and grabs my hand. "Liam, and pleased to finally meet you," With his bright brown eyes staying met with mine, he slowly lifts my hand up and plants a kiss on it. I can't help but notice that both of these boys are insanely attractive.

Christopher rolls his eyes. "Are you done yet, Liam?"

Liam just smirks and drops my hand. My cheeks burn and I concentrate on my feet. "I see why Chris talks about you so much." Liam remarks with a wink.

I ignore his flirting and turn around to Christopher, "You've been talking about me, Carrow?"

He blushes and shrugs but before he can defend himself the redhead bounces over to me. "We can't get him to shut up, ever." Instead of shaking my outstretched hand, she pulls me into a hug. "My name's Amber,"

"Oh, uhm," I mutter, surprised. I'm really bad at physical contact. "That's a pretty name."

She grins and I can tell she's a really hyper girl. "Thanks!" Amber turns to Christopher. "Take care of her, Christopher. If the same thing happens to her as that other girl, you'll never forgive yourself."

That other girl? "What?" I snap before I can stop myself.

Amber's whole face turns red. "Wait, you haven't told her about Vi-"

Christopher interrupts her with a glare. "Uh well, I'm glad you've all met. I have to g-" I grab his arm before he can move.

"Christopher." I demanded. All I can think about is what Phillip said in the park. "You're just Christopher's play toy, and once he's bored with you, he'll just throw you aside like all the other girls he used."

He sighs and suddenly he looks really tired. "Excuse us," Christopher rests his hand on the small of my back and leads me to the bedroom that I had woken up in this morning. That suddenly felt like a million years ago. He motions me to sit down on the bed but the stubborn part of me makes stand right in front of him with crossed arms.

"You're hiding things from me, Christopher. There's a lot you're not telling me. And I'm confused and scared about this new world you and Phillip pulled me into. You can't just hide things from me when you've already let me into your life." I say, my voice way calmer than I felt. Let's face it, I'm not beautiful. I'm not amazing. I can't even color in the lines. I've always wondered why Christopher wanted me out of all the girls he could have.

"Nessa," Christopher sighs, and my heart rate picks up a little just because he said my name.

I'm pathetic, too. Add it to the list.

"I'm going to tell you the whole story, ok? And you promise you won't interrupt until I'm done?"

"Fine." I frown.

"When the block was up and I couldn't have you, I was assigned another soul mate. Just as you were assigned Phillip first. "

"Well, this new girl was named Violet and she was probably one of the most beautiful girls I'd ever seen. I was sent to her school to protect her and the when I first got there I was awful. I had just been blocked from my first soulmate, so naturally I had mood swings and I was sulking all the time. I hadn't of even been paying any attention to this new girl because I was still upset about you."

"Well, one day she approached me. She was so sure of herself and determined, the first thing she said to me was, 'I'm going to figure you out, Christopher Carrow.'" He laughs and his eyes shine a little at the memory, which made my heart ache. Selfishly, I didn't want him to feel about anyone else that way. "Violet was a lot like you."

"So what happened to her?" I ask quietly.

"Phillip. Shortly after I began to fall in love with her, he was assigned her. He came to our school and I suspected something of him, so I took Violet to this safe house for a while. I fell asleep beside her and when I woke up she was gone," He paused. "I found her dead in my backyard the next day. I couldn't protect her."

<><><><><>

Writer's Comment: Ok I hoped you all liked this chapter:) Oh and once I'm done with Everlasting I think I'll start a Harry Styles fan fiction would any of you read it? Comment please:)